Price of this Scuds | FerrariChat

Price of this Scuds

Discussion in '360/430' started by mc_sahib32, May 21, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mc_sahib32

mc_sahib32 Rookie

Mar 4, 2012
  2. Stevely

Stevely Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2011
    LA, CA
    Fde car been on the market for over a year.

3. redcloud

redcloud Karting

Oct 2, 2011
    TN
    Not sure about this one, but be careful, there are a lot of scams going on. I'm looking at upgrading to a 430 and just ran into one of these. Long story short, SHE was selling because she was getting a divorce and she had it set up through Amazon Payments saying it would need to be done by a wire transfer but Amazon would hold the payments until I received, inspected ect the vehicle, so I would be protected. Amazon does not do any kind of wine transfers or hold funds for customers. I played him/her for awhile after speaking to Amazon just to make them run in circles for a little bit. I ended it by saying that I would love to fly up there and see the car and take her on a date since she is getting a divorce anyway. Lol

4. Stevely

Stevely Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2011
    LA, CA
    Hahaha. I think I emailed that person as well. I think it was listed way below market and she sent me pictures of an 08 (no us carbon) and insisted that it was an 09.

This yellow one though is legit. It's been in San Diego for a while. Their ask isn't far from the auction price they got it at.

5. mc_sahib32

mc_sahib32 Rookie

Mar 4, 2012
    Stevely, how do you find out the auction price? is this Scruds price on the lower side? Is there a way to find out whether it was one of those rental race car?

6. Stevely

Stevely Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2011
    LA, CA
  7. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    No its not.

The Scud pricing model would suggest this car is worth $155k if it has the US carbon package or $147k if it does not (I can't tell).

And even that would be a too high IMHO if in fact it turns out to be a former FDE car as someone above mentioned...

And, I wouldn't even buy a hooker on Craigslist, let alone a Ferrari!

8. MrRdStr

MrRdStr Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    AJ.
    Car is officially sold! Not to me, a friends buddy picked it up yesterday. Hammer price.........$150,000.00 SOLD!

9. radlu

radlu Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2005
    Wasn't this car an FDE car? Meaning.....Ferrari Driving Erection? Meaning....beat to #$%$*& by EveryonE who drove it.

I heard the carfax on this car looks fugly,,,,,,8 owners.....been all over.....bought
    at auction..CF brakes had to be replaced....front nose respray.....only has 1 key....not complete books/manuals.....etc.

Should have been bought ALOT lower.

10. F430GT

F430GT Formula 3

Sep 29, 2005
    Marco Island, FL
    Sold for too much.

FDE cars should take an additional $10k to $15k hit on resale, but actual sales reflect more of a $5k-$8k hit. This information is missing from the pricing model I put together long time ago. Despite of the market assigning a lower penalty to FDE cars, I would still penalize them in the $10k-$15k range depending on how many miles they spent as FDE cars.

The FDE cars had the CCB rotors replaced, but the wear on suspension bushings, clutch, wheel bearings, muffler, transmission and engine is to be considered at an additional cost.

Keep in mind that FDE cars were full-time racetrack cars, so they have all the mileage as track mileage. A FDE car with 8,000 miles would be the equivalent to a street car with 80 track days.

11. radlu

radlu Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2005
    Another indication that the engine is worn will be a dry dipstick (low oil level).
    No bueno. "Boom ness" sure to follow.
    Plus, you'll burn out the precat headers, etc.
    It'll just be a problem car forever..
    Ship it back.
    Stop payment.
    Leave it in a Walmart parking lot with the keys in it.

LOLOLOL

12. radlu

radlu Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2005
    Also, the Engine's RPM history is stored in the system.... can be viewed with
    the diagnostic computer.

LOL

13. radlu

radlu Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2005
    I think the car should have sold for about $105k - $115k range.

Whoever bought it... will for sure take a bath when they sell it.

14. ffan

ffan Rookie

Jun 13, 2012
    what is the most reliable way to identify FDE cars?
    TIA

15. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I'm not sure...was easier a year+ ago when the higher mileage was part of the tell. Hopefully the seller will be honest and disclose, but we have seen examples of that not being the case. I think the carfax or autocheck will show a delayed first registration.

16. Spider360Matt

Spider360Matt Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2012
    California
    um...FDE doesnt really mean this does it?? lol!!