For Sale - Price Reduced! 1995 512M, specially ordered 1 of 501 colour. | FerrariChat

For Sale Price Reduced! 1995 512M, specially ordered 1 of 501 colour.

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Tokei-ski, May 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tokei-ski

Tokei-ski Karting

Nov 4, 2014
    Tokyo/Hawaii
    Full Name:
    The Baron
    #1 Tokei-ski, May 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2017
    Offered for sale is my 1995 Ferrari F512M. The car is finished in Blu Scuro Micalizzato (or Blue Lemans as an identical equivalent) paint code FER 516C, with matching Blu Scuro leather and Blu Scuro carpets, often referred to as treble blue. It is my understanding that this was an extremely unusual special order exterior colour from the original purchaser of the car back in 1995. I have spoken with the official Japan importer, and they stated to me that this car was the only one of the 501 F512Ms produced in this specially ordered colour. I have done extensive research throughout all of the F512M registry’s and databases, and have not been able to find another F512M with the same paint code.
    The car is currently with me at my home showing just over 50,000 km or 31,068 miles. The car was an original official import by the sole Japanese importer at the time, Cornes and is a Japan spec. car. The car has had 3 previous owners, for a total of 4 owners over its lifetime. The car is owned outright, and is located in Tokyo Japan. The car had a complete engine out service in early 2015 at just over 49,000 km at a cost of over $10,000. This service included all belts, fluids, and a water pump rebuild. The car has also had the fuse box replaced with a Ferrari original replacement. The old fuse box will be included in the sale.

Mechanically, the car is in absolutely spectacular condition. It is easily the strongest running F512M I have ever driven, which includes more than 10 separate examples. The car starts flawlessly, idles perfectly, and pulls strongly all the way to redline. The gearbox is notchy into 2nd gear as many of these are when cold, but once warmed up, shifts perfectly with no problems. The clutch is in terrific condition with more than 75% remaining.

The original owner of the car performed a couple of very significant performance upgrades on the car immediately upon taking delivery back in 1995. The car was taken to an extremely well known tuner by the name of Iding Power (We are IDING POWER). Almost $100,000 was spent in parts and labour to upgrade the brakes and wheels. Please note that I do not have the original wheels for the car.

At a later date, a custom made stainless steel exhaust was installed by another well regarded company by the name of Ohnishi Heat Magic. The exhaust performance and sound are nothing short of amazing, and the look of the blued tips as can be seen in the photos is stunning, and matches the colour of the car perfectly.

Cosmetically, the car is in excellent condition. My PPI uncovered no accident damage or history, but it did reveal a front end respray that was done approximately 10 years ago to repair various paint chips etc. to the front of the car. The lower front valance shows a good deal of cracking/hazing on the lower half, and the lip spoiler is incorrectly finished in a gloss black instead of matte. The rest of the body is free of any dents or dings, but there are various paint chips and a couple small areas of cracking/hazing on the windshield pillar. There are also paint chips on the rear valance behind the wheels, where debris gets thrown from the rear tires.

The interior is in excellent overall condition, with the usual bolster wear you would expect. Beyond that, there are no large noticeable flaws on the seats, carpets, or dash. The passenger side door weather stripping has come loose and will need to be replaced. This part is available for ~$200 from Ricambi America or Eurospares and would take 10-15 minutes to install.

There are two other things I would like to point out in the interest of full disclosure. First, the car is lacking its original toolkit. Second, although the car comes with a complete set of books including a warranty book, please note that the warranty book is not the correct book for this car. The warranty book is for a different serial number, European specification F512M car. I have asked why, but no one was able to tell me what happened to the original book. It was most likely kept by the original owner as a keepsake along with the toolkit, as this is quite a common thing to do. The car comes with 2 keys.

I am offering the car exclusively on FerrariChat initially in the hope that it will go to a private buyer/board member. I am pricing the car at $165,000 (or equivalent in GBP/Euro) F.O.B Tokyo Japan. This car is easily the cheapest no accident, no stories car available on the market by a wide margin. I have priced the car extremely aggressively factoring in the mileage and to facilitate a quick transaction.

I will of course be happy to assist in any way possible to ensure a quick and smooth transaction for both sides. Feel free to contact me by PM if you have any further questions or would like any further information. Please also bear in mind the time difference between Japan and the rest of the world. Any response to a PM could take 12~24 hours.

Kind regards
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

F360-1386 likes this.
  2. dkyranakis

dkyranakis Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2013
    Centreville, DE
    Full Name:
    Demetri Kyranakis
    Can't see pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Exotic Lambo

Exotic Lambo Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2011
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Gianca
    What a beautiful car!

4. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    I am in love!!!

5. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Spectacular color! GLWS!

6. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Amazing looking F512M. From your collection, I am sure it is pristine. What a colour!

How come it says you're a rookie with 1 post?? You are one of the F512M gurus here.

Anyway, I hope it goes to the home it deserves. I took mine out for a first summer drive today...awesome.

7. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    very sweet color.....GLWS

8. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Wow that is an amazing car!!

9. Topes

Topes Karting

Sep 6, 2015
    Charleston
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Gorgeous

10. Tokei-ski

Tokei-ski Karting

Nov 4, 2014
    Tokyo/Hawaii
    Full Name:
    The Baron
    A quick bump and a Happy Fathers Day to all!

11. sp1viper

sp1viper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 2, 2016
    Dallas
    Absolutely Stunning!

GLWS

12. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Those wheels look 100x better than stock. Color is gnarly

13. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Truly stunning!

14. Tokei-ski

Tokei-ski Karting

Nov 4, 2014
    Tokyo/Hawaii
    Full Name:
    The Baron
    Thank you for all the kind words and enquiries. The car is still for sale and would make a nice 4th of July present!

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I thought 512M's were going between $500-1mm?

16. Tokei-ski

Tokei-ski Karting

Nov 4, 2014
    Tokyo/Hawaii
    Full Name:
    The Baron
    Rob,

Don't I wish!! Besides being a stunning and unique colour, this is also the cheapest car anywhere in the world with no accidents/repairs or stories. I cannot believe it has not yet been sold, although there has been a lot of interest.

Regards.

17. jpohl402

jpohl402 Formula Junior

What an absolutely stunning car indeed, wow!!

18. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Spectacular. GLWS

19. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Is this one still available? Just wondering since its been a while.

20. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    stunning!

21. Tokei-ski

Tokei-ski Karting

Nov 4, 2014
    Tokyo/Hawaii
    Full Name:
    The Baron
    Thank you for the kind words and the bump after such a long time. Since the original post way back in May(!!) I have sold my low mileage F512M, so that has taken some pressure off of the storage situation. Having said that I would still like to free up more space so would still consider a sale.

Since the original ad the passenger door weatherstripping has been replaced, and the car is still regularly driven, in fact I just took it on a 200km trip to play golf yesterday and it ran superbly. The car now has ~51,000km (~31,700 miles).

If you have an interest please pm me and I can answer any questions.

Happy Holidays and all the best for a healthy and successful 2017!

22. BBGT

BBGT Rookie

Feb 15, 2009
    Can this car be registered in the US? Thanks

23. Tokei-ski

Tokei-ski Karting

Nov 4, 2014
    Tokyo/Hawaii
    Full Name:
    The Baron
    Unfortunately this car is (generally) not eligible to be registered in the US until 2021 when it will be 25 years old. If you were willing to make some significant changes to bring it in line with a US version, the main problem of which are the mouse seat belts (which would be very expensive to source parts and modify to fit) then you could possibly do it. The other option that would be a possible is a "Show and display" exemption, although since the F512M was officially imported to the US, my understanding is that this would preclude this exemption being made.

It is an unfortunate situation in the US, and those up in the Great White North have it much better, only needing to wait 15 years to be able to import cars regardless of their origin.

I think that is a pretty concise overview of the situation, but if anyone has better or conflicting information, please feel free to jump in and let us know.

Kind regards

24. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I think that sums it up, but why anyone would want to retrofit the mouse belts would be my question!

GLWS!

What a great color..

25. MM355

MM355 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2008
    GMT + 3
    Its an annoying belt system and a regular a nuisance on my U.S spec 512M, I enjoy being in my other TR which is euro spec with a regular 3 point belt.