For Sale - Price Reduced! 1995 512M, specially ordered 1 of 501 colour. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

For Sale Price Reduced! 1995 512M, specially ordered 1 of 501 colour.

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Tokei-ski, May 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WillF

WillF Karting

Dec 2, 2016
    Bay Area, California
    Full Name:
    Will
    Absolutely insane color on this car. Almost like Blue Pozzi with more metallic. DAMN charming car

2. RandyT

RandyT Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2016
    Calabasas, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy T
    #27 RandyT, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I wonder if it can be registered under the SB100 law (special constructed vehicles) in California? I've seen some radical cars driving Mulholland with CA plates...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Tokei-ski

Tokei-ski Karting

Nov 4, 2014
    Tokyo/Hawaii
    Full Name:
    The Baron
    Bumping this for a large price drop to reflect current market pricing. Still the best priced, no stories car available ANYWHERE

4. mrcarlosspicey

mrcarlosspicey Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    Parker
    Is the price drop the price in the description?

5. Cva71

Cva71 Rookie

Aug 2, 2015
    What is the new price?

6. Tokei-ski

Tokei-ski Karting

Nov 4, 2014
    Tokyo/Hawaii
    Full Name:
    The Baron
    The original price was $235,000 now dropped to $165,000. This is for a no accidents/repair F512M in a 1 of 1 colour. This car is a screaming buy for someone looking for a beautiful car to drive and enjoy. I am only selling due to non-financial, personal circumstances. I want the car to go to an end user, not a dealer if at all possible.

Regards

7. modenasong

modenasong Rookie

Dec 3, 2009
    Can this car be brought to Europe without any modification?

8. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    It is a nice sample ; unfortunately it doesn't come with the original wheels which are one of the kind. Good luck with the sale

9. Tokei-ski

Tokei-ski Karting

Nov 4, 2014
    Tokyo/Hawaii
    Full Name:
    The Baron
    Yes, the car can be imported anywhere in Europe without any modifications.

10. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Can also be imported to Canada. Here it is 15 years old that needs no mods. You have a nice car. GLWS.

11. Stanley Kendall

Stanley Kendall Karting
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2017
  12. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Probably the only 512m i ever found pretty! And that says a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferrariformulauno likes this.
  13. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Amazing color and great value at this number....IMO

GLWS!

14. Natkingcolebasket69

I always wonder why people are trying to point out the negative in a sale? In my opinion its not right.

15. Stanley Kendall

Stanley Kendall Karting
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2017
    Why not? It’s relevant to the car, factual, and not unduly negative or harsh. Grow up.

ricmat likes this.
  16. Natkingcolebasket69

Because u are a stupid kid trying to annoy somebody trying to sell a car...btw i reported u on mine and ur useless comments are being deleted...go on pistons head

17. Stanley Kendall

Stanley Kendall Karting
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2017
    Sorry, didn’t mean to upset you. Just thought it was a fair comment about the wheels. Hope you sell the car

18. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Calling other members names is not allowed. You have received a warning. Next time, it will be a ban.

19. Tokei-ski

Tokei-ski Karting

Nov 4, 2014
    Tokyo/Hawaii
    Full Name:
    The Baron
    Just a quick follow up. I appreciate all of the comments, positive, neutral and negative. I believe the car stands on its own merits. As an individual seller, I need to be 100% forthright about any and all aspects of the car.

The wheels, brakes, and exhaust were changed by the original purchaser of the car back in 1995. He spent close to $100,000 to do this on top of the cost of the car brand new. He obviously felt the upgrades well worth the price, and felt they made the car look and perform better. 20++ years on some may not agree.

For what it is worth, back in the summer of 2015 I took the car to the shop/person who did the original modifications, Iding Power, and spent an entire afternoon with him. Ide-san the founder and owner is an extremely friendly, extremely knowledgeable gentleman with a long and distinguished resume in motor engineering going back to the mid 1970's. Unsurprisingly, he remembered the car and everything about it like it was one of his children. Although not likely known by anyone on F-chat, Iding Power and Ide-san have a VERY long history in engineering and upgrades/modifications. Feel free to do a google search using the term "Iding Power" and see what comes up. I will end by saying that the quality of his work and engineering compares with anything I have seen in the aftermarket, and I have toured the factories of Callaway, Saleen, and McLaren.

If the non original wheels bother any potential purchaser, original replacements can be sourced for less than $10,000, and I have seen two sets used sell for less than $5,000. There is also a set of brand new wheels on e8ay that are the optional F512M wheels that are available for $8,200 or best offer.

When I purchased the car, I actually felt the wheels were beautiful, but wanted to get a set of original wheels to replace them only because.........they were not original. After meeting Ide-san, owning the car and spending many days/hours driving, washing, cleaning, tuning her I have changed my mind. The wheels are a part of the cars history pretty much since "birth", they are stunning, they make the car unique among a sea of 100% stock standard cars, and they are easily replaced at any time. Understand that this car was special ordered by the original owner to be a one of one back in 1995 in Blu Scuro/Blu Scuro/Blu Scuro. On top of that unique spec. he also stamped his mark on the car by upgrading the brakes/wheels/exhaust.

With all that said, today is a beautiful late summer/early autumn day and I think she wants to go for a run down to the seaside. Hopefully I can post a picture or two as a follow up.

Warm regards

Jasonberkeley and rcnyc like this.
  20. NTRLOPER

NTRLOPER Karting

Mar 3, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Kerry
    Still can't believe this car is available at this price. Being located in the US makes this less appealing, but I have to admit it had me thinking about how I could store it in Japan until 2021 and then bring it into the US. That's only 3 short years and a few months away......My guess is that by that time we're going to look back on this asking price as laughably low and we're all going to be amazed that it sat for so long without being snapped up. I hope it finds a nice home and that you enjoy a great drive today!

VColin and ZF123 like this.
  21. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    You're not the only one.

22. Tokei-ski

Tokei-ski Karting

Nov 4, 2014
    Tokyo/Hawaii
    Full Name:
    The Baron
    A quick bump and update. Apologies for not posting pictures last weekend. Went out to start her up and..........dead battery :(
    Needless to say, a new battery was ordered, received and installed, although not without a fair bit of low level aggravation. 6th car deep in a 6 car garage so necessitated a lot of moving and parking of other vehicles. Then of course the F512M has its battery nicely tucked away in the front right wheel well........so she needed to be slowly jacked up on both sides, front right wheel removed, battery cover removed, battery removed and replaced then reverse the entire process. All of this done in fairly tight quarters. What should take 15 minutes took........a fair bit longer.

Unfortunately this means I have not had a chance to get her out just yet. The good news is that the next custodian will get her with a brand new battery!

I have received some decent interest, but as of yet no firm commitment. Still available at this ridiculously cheap price.

Regards

23. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    The body color is beyond stunning. I would sit on it until it can clear N America import laws.

24. turboslut

turboslut Karting

May 31, 2016
    What city/country is car in? What is the asking price?

25. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Tokyo Japan, 165k.

If there's anything else you need to know from the first post description I can help you out with that as well :D