: 2001 *Gated* 360 Giallo Yellow 11k miles | Page 3 | FerrariChat

: 2001 *Gated* 360 Giallo Yellow 11k miles

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by donald duck, Apr 5, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. donald duck

donald duck Rookie

Jan 13, 2016
    I saw that spider that sold. Not quite apples to oranges but spiders don't normally get the $$ coups do, or have things changed?

2. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    But if I were looking for a car, I wouldn't have any qualms considering your car even if I were the 7th owner knowing that you had things sorted out. To me, condition is more important than the number of owners.

LightGuy, efg2014 and G. Pepper like this.
  3. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I would never have bought that 360 if not for the fact that is one-of-one 360's in yellow and tan with a stick and a sunroof.

4. patvulky

patvulky Rookie

Nov 4, 2015
    new mexico
    Full Name:
    ryan lubert
    hi folks, first time checking out this car but unavailable to see pics, just joined as a 355 owner, looking to get more active. i know its probably in another thread but advice on how to see the pics would be appreciated. i have the 355 but f1, know it was hot at the time but love your gated example. wanna trade?

5. donald duck

donald duck Rookie

Jan 13, 2016
    No thank you.

6. donald duck

donald duck Rookie

Jan 13, 2016
    To update this post, as some of you may know if you followed the BAT auction, the drivers side door has been painted. No further damage visible within the door frame. Still looking to sell but I'm not in a super rush, so lowballs still not fielded.
    I think I might mount the Challenge Stradale wheels that I have on the car and see if that helps. Current rubber on the stock star fish rims is very old.

7. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I would suggest editing the OP with the new price as right now it still says $129k and some potential buyers might not take the time to read the whole thread to find the price was changed.

I think that $112k is more in line with the current market. Id say anywhere from $100k to your ask would be a decent sale. F1s are now around $70k.

Your car is certainly what i would look for in a 360.

8. donald duck

donald duck Rookie

Jan 13, 2016
    I know, I need to take a moment to delete the entire post, get the new wheels under the car and take some new photos and repost.
    Unless a moderator can change the original post for me. Starting price $108k is what I'd like the thread title to read.

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    If you will sell the car with both wheels, i would just show the wheels beside the car and mention that both sets are included. I know some people prefer the starfish vs the Stradale wheels on a regular 360.
    You should be able to private message a moderator and ask them to edit it.

@Rob Lay we need your help here.

10. donald duck

donald duck Rookie

Jan 13, 2016
    That's a very helpful tip. You're right. Maybe I don't need to go through the trouble of changing them over. I was thinking that seeing the car with those hot wheels under it might draw more people in.
    I'll try the easier route first.
    Also will try to reach a moderator.

11. SMCA

SMCA Rookie

Jun 28, 2018
    Donald- I’m in San Francisco and would like to see your car today or tomorrow if possible. Please let me know how to reach you. Thanks!

12. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Glws. Lmk if you end up selling the cs wheels separately. Cheers great car.

13. GordonF355

GordonF355 Formula 3

Aug 13, 2005
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    right! I did the same conversion on my 360 - it is an upgrade! i am not sure what all the drama and fuss is all about with this... stock tach looks tacky!

14. rajn72

rajn72 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    Still for sale? Raj 2145328896 please let me know...

15. donald duck

donald duck Rookie

Jan 13, 2016
    this is still for sale.

16. Ian Wishingrad

Sep 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ian Wishingrad
    Going to be in San Francisco Friday - Sunday, May I see it?

17. donald duck

donald duck Rookie

Jan 13, 2016
    Sorry for not responding. I was in maine and totally off grid. I'm back in SF now and can respond. Sorry to have missed you.

18. donald duck

donald duck Rookie

Jan 13, 2016
    **PRICE REDUCTION** 2001 *Gated* 360 Giallo Yellow 11k miles $106,000

Hello Ferrari fans,
    For your consideration, this mechanically perfect three peddle giallo yellow over black with yellow piping on the seats.
    Currently the odometer reads 11,700. Challenge wheel set included in the sale.

The positives.
    This yellow beauty runs perfectly with no issues. Great brakes, smooth shifts, clutch feels perfect, pulls strong and sounds brilliant even with the stock exhaust (which is what is on the car).
    15k mile service completed last year, belts and seals. $6500
    I'm including a set of Challenge wheels in the sale. Continentals in as new condition on those wheels. I'm not sure they were used AT ALL.
    I've also had Fast Cars in southern California do the sticky button job. $2500
    Full front and leading edge has clear bra on it. Completed 2 years ago. $2400
    Factory shields.
    3 keys 2 key fobs, factory car cover, tool kit, owners manual.
    There is a radar detection system installed.
    Yellow Tach (note that I've also listed this in the "not so positives")

The not so positives.
    Not a perfect dash. Unfortunately some of these cars have this wavy leather on the dash problem, mine suffers this fate. Not horrible but depending on the temp, it's wavy in the middle toward the windscreen.
    Also, the drivers side door has been resprayed. The texture matches very well to the original paint and the color match is quite good as well as you can see from the pictures. I don't have any knowledge as to why it was painted. My shop said that it's obvious that there was no structural damage to the frame or hinges.
    The tires are ORIGINAL. So, you might want to put new ones on. I'll let the buyer decide what sneakers she/he wants.
    There's a yellow Tach installed on the car. Some like it, some hate it. I don't think it's hard to remove.
    There are no records from the previous owners. Seems like I'm the 5th owner. There are a couple dealer owners on the CarFax, so it's confusing.

In summary, what you're looking at isn't going to be that "concours" car that some might want, it's also not that "driver" that somebody might want to ring the neck of out on the track. Somewhere between those two extremes, sits this lovely car that somebody can pick up and enjoy for a couple years and (let's face it) sell it for a profit when the market picks back up.
    Thank you all for looking.

19. Speciale Motorcar Company

BANNED

Oct 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eli Coon

Please message me. [email protected]
    Thank you very much.

20. Speciale Motorcar Company

BANNED

Oct 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eli Coon

Please email me. Interested. Thanks.
    [email protected]

21. donald duck

donald duck Rookie

Jan 13, 2016
    I have responded to special motorcar company.

22. donald duck

donald duck Rookie

Jan 13, 2016
    OK guys, you know that these cars need to be driven. Somebody needs to step up and be the next steward of this driving machine. Probably most of you know what it's like putting one of these incredible machines under pressure, but for those of you that are dreaming and shopping, these modern era beauties are incredible. I'm telling you, the difference in road feel, throttle response and pure balance over older or lower caliber cars is huge. You're going to flip your lid when you finally open it up in a tunnel through a sweeper.

23. donald duck

donald duck Rookie

Jan 13, 2016
    take a look.
    thinking about BAT

24. five2five

five2five Karting

Dec 17, 2017
    BaT, again?!