Price to Put the Ferrari Shields on the side. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Price to Put the Ferrari Shields on the side.

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Patek, Apr 25, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Franc308

Franc308 F1 Rookie

Sep 23, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Franc
    Guys, lighten up. You all take things too serious.
    I just smiled when I saw Trabots first post in this thread... and moved on...
    Some of you I guess shouldn't have such a short fuse and do the same.

Trabots; you have a heck of a sexy 575!

2. elk

elk Rookie

Aug 13, 2010
    Kent, England
    My 550 came with the plastic shields, i have had them replaced with the Yoshis which look much better. Personally i think the shields break-up the very long profile of the car, but these things are all subjective, no right or wrong...

3. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    #28 308 GTB, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Si fueris Romae, Romano vivito more.

But I live in the United States so when I track my 550, I put these static-cling vinyl N.A.R.T. stickers on the fenders...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    Well that is interesting. I have never before seen such. However, I understand your desires, but somehow I would keep the shields....just IMO. Nice way to fill the spot though.

5. Trabots

Trabots Formula Junior

May 15, 2011
    Perth, West Aust
    Full Name:
    Willy Stobart
    One of the attractions of Ferraris is the art of Scaglietti and Pininfarina. The bright yellow shield immediately draws your attention away, distracts from the shape that is the art. Ferrari saw another money maker when street car owners started copying his race cars so starting selling the shields at a ridiculous $1000/side. IMO the shields are now like so many designer labels. They do nothing for the beauty of the car, they just serve to alert others that you are indeed driving a Ferrari. Including the wheel centres and grille badge a Maranello has 7 more external logos than the Daytona! Unfortunately for those like me a shieldless Ferrari is now rarer than one with 3 pedals. Just my opinion.

6. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    agree on distraction. ON the 456 I actually believe it makes the car look shorter. Love the 456's lines unaltered.

7. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    #32 G. Pepper, May 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    For me it depends on the color of the 456. Solid colors - red, yellow, or black - and the shields look fine to me. With metallic colors they just don't look right in my eyes.

As for the general issue, all of the classic Ferrari race cars I loved as a kid had them, so I wanted them too. I wouldn't like my 456M as well w/o them.

To each his own, as the saying goes.

Cheers,

George
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    You are right my friend.