Prices for 328's | FerrariChat

Prices for 328's

Discussion in '308/328' started by solid car, Jan 31, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. solid car

solid car Karting

Apr 29, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Domenic
    What are these cars going for these days, thinking of selling mine. Should I sell it in Canada or advertise it in the States..........

2. pizzadude

pizzadude Formula 3

Feb 20, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    Man.....that’s an ambiguous questions right there.
    On BaT they go for any where from high 50s for a higher mile one with some stories to 80s for a nice one.
    I feel like prices are firming up for nice ones but that’s just my opinion .
    Best I got for ya.

3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Advertise in both countries. Can't hurt to expand your audience.

LVP488 and bertrand328 like this.
  4. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Some of them are priced way to high, some dealer is asking 225,000 for one, just because it has 1900 miles I think its in Beverly Hills , same as the 430 Gated in another forum for 225,000 , not sure what thats all about. In my estimation, thats just insane Fn greed. I dont think I will buy another Ferrari, I have had mine for 20 years , the 328 is the BEST CAR FERRARI HAS EVER PRODUCED OUTSIDE of the F40. I hope you find a good buyer and close a good deal for both parties

Thank you,

5. pizzadude

pizzadude Formula 3

Feb 20, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    I also noted the asking price on that car in the other forum. Something is worth one someone is willing to pay I suppose.

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Check the ads here, a "collector grade car" could bring $125K or more.

But most of them are not, and run less.
    GLWS!

Throw it out there as "best Offer" and you will find the market pretty quickly, or maybe get dealer guidance as a Trade In?
    That would be your wholesale $$$

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Lots of the final year cars were put away like that, with Enzo's passing at the time...I am not sure I would want one of those "put away" cars, to unwrap and actually drive...

8. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Look at the following for pricing guides:

1. Hagerty valuation tool - this will give you very generic pricing guides - everyone thinks their car is a #1 - when in fact they are #3... but if you are honest that should get you into the ball park.
    2. Cavallino Magazine - will show average sale prices - and 12 month trend up or down - its at the back of every magazine
    3. Hemmings ads - on line you can check asking prices and compare like cars with mileage and colors
    4. Cars.com - you will see some 328's there same for Ebay, but the pricing is usually very high ... but again gets you in the right bracket.

all that being said - if you car is in good solid driving condition and is a 2-4 ft car with minor blemishes, no rust and solid clean interior then pricing will be between $40K and $100K. all that is left is miles & documentation. more miles lower price --- more documentation higher price...those are the real levers of pricing a 328.

ultra low mileage cars 10K or less are going to command between $150K - $200K. last year cars are more than first year cars.
    GTB $25k more than GTS all things being equal..... there are just very few that fit this category.

Rossocorsa1 and Texas Forever like this.
  9. bill brooks

bill brooks F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2007
    waynesburg,pa
    Full Name:
    bill brooks
    when i had my '87 328 for sale earlier this year, for $60k, i thought that a reasonable price based on condition.
    only had 1 semi-serious discussion and 2 euro tire kickers.
    no one came around to look, not even from neighboring pittsburgh.

10. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    color and miles?

11. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
  12. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I suggest to ask yourself if you want to sell in your home province, out of province or out of country. After 5 years of owning my '86 328 GTS blu sera, I wanted to move on. Being a cautious guy by nature and having some concerns about purchasers failing to re-register / re-title cars into their name (e.g., delay in paying taxes, curbsiders, other reasons) I wanted to ensure that once the car was sold, I was no longer liable for whatever incidents the car might be involved in. This can be a serious issue in my home province, BC if ownership is not properly transferred, but might not be an issue elsewhere. I wanted to ensure that the car would be properly transferred from my name. I advertised the car on Craigslist, but only for sale in my province. I am sure the car would have sold for more if I was prepared to sell across provincial or national borders. I sold the car quickly to a local buyer with a number of other potential local buyers waiting should the first deal fall through. Selling below market in my home province worked for me. My less cautious friend sold his '94 348 Spider through Craigslist in Vancouver and Seattle and had a great experience. So there you go! It's as much about what you'e comfortable with. I was happy with my sale. My friend was happy with his sale.

All that said, be sure you actually want or need to sell. For me, it was the right time (age 68, thinking a little more GT would be nice, "been there, done that") but if you sell it might be hard to get back in. So, don't sell unless you're sure. If you decide to keep your 328, good decision. If you decide to sell, consider your tolerance for risk and complexity. Regardless, best wishes! Jon

Attached Files:

13. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
  14. bill brooks

bill brooks F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2007
    waynesburg,pa
    Full Name:
    bill brooks

i may have misled all of you.
    "had" meant it's no longer for sale. my apologies if any of you are confused.
    after reading spyder gt's post above, i seem to fall into the realm of undecided for the reasons jon mentioned.

my continued orthopaedic issues will be the final factor in putting gabriella up for sale. this fall will probably be time for that decision.

stay tuned... and feel free to pm me anytime.

15. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I would generally agree with this assessment. There are exceptional “ like new” cars that are the exception, however.

16. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
  17. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    285.9K USD? Wow! Wish I could get some of whatever they're smokin'! o_O

18. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    They historically are known to haggle very little, if at all. Let’s hope they get something near their asking price. It would be great to uplift the market for the most premium cars.

19. pizzadude

pizzadude Formula 3

Feb 20, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    Back in Feb of 2018 one with 5500 miles and in very nice shape sold on Bat for 130k. Not sure one with with 3500 less miles is worth over twice as much.
    Especially in this market it. That said I hope they get it or in the ballpark. Good for all of us 328 owners.