Prices?? | FerrariChat

Prices??

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Fcarhappy, Feb 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fcarhappy

Fcarhappy Karting

Dec 19, 2012
    Have prices on 3.2s and Ts gone up a bunch of late? I just went to ebay and was stunned by the prices. are these anomalies or are these the new typical?

2. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I've been looking to upgrade my 85 QV for about a year now and asking prices have definitely gone up. It's had to say what the actual sell price is, but ask has gone up for sure. Particularly on the T's

3. donkost

donkost Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2016
    Blandon, PA
    I think the US is still the place to get the best pricing, although you have to be prepared to do the legwork for a few months minimum to study pricing. And nothing says that once they go up they will remain at that level, although the trend upward will likely continue (rising tide lifts all boats). European prices have always been higher, and I have seen some crazy-high prices in Canada. There were some Mondials available in Montreal that I can't imagine will ever sell at those prices. I assumed they were in Canadian dollars but no they were US dollars. Also, prices can cool down during winter and pick up again in spring, even though large portions of the US do not have to store their cars in winter. Ebay asking prices are not a good barometer of current pricing, because all kinds of things can occur when those auctions end. I have seen sellers back out multiple times after winning eBay auctions. And I notice with my iPhone eBay app I can see the reduced price that was paid when that was allowed, whereas on the pc web browser eBay site I do not see those reduced prices shown.

4. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Go on BaT and search Mondial, to get an indication of what the market is of late. Then take the 5% buyers premium into consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Here is a spreadsheet with a bunch of auction sales

Keep in mind the high prices we're seeing is with very low mileage examples (< 10K) The peak actually was around the start (2013ish) of recent Ferrari mania where t's went for $80+ - It's actually subsided. Coucours Ts are about 60s, 3.2 50s, qvs high 40s, 8s high 30s.

What I see is happening right now is 'collectors/investors' are snapping up the best examples out there. Still plenty of great 'driver' condition cars for very cheap. That's what makes these cars so great - a great Ferrari to obtain if you plan to actually drive the hell out of the thing - depreciation is fully set in.