Pricing not guaranteed? | FerrariChat

Pricing not guaranteed?

Discussion in '296' started by ezferrari, Sep 24, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ezferrari

ezferrari Rookie

Oct 24, 2020
    Hi all,

I put a deposit down on the 296 (my first time ever ordering a Ferrari so am just learning about the process).

I was just told that even though there’s a price list I can expect the car to go up in price by a few thousand dollars because Ferrari does not lock in prices until the car is on a truck headed to my destination. Is this familiar to anyone here or something new? Just sounds absurd.

Thanks!
    ez

2. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Ferrari does increase pricing from time to time but it usually only occurs once a year and normally when a new model year is set to begin. Not all models are affected. This past June, dealers in the US were alerted that certain models were getting a price hike to their MSRP. Pretty much all of the Sports Series cars saw an increase where the GT Cars did not. I believe all option pricing stayed the same though. Since it can take a long time to get your car pricing definitely can go up. Lots of reasons for this - increased demand/exchange rate fluctuations/increase in parts, etc

It isn't uncommon for other auto manufacturers to increase their prices each year on certain models. Tesla has increased the price of their Model 3 and Y models a number of times just over the last 6-9 months... One positive though is Ferrari dealers will continue to sell new cars at MSRP (at least they are supposed to) whereas other manufacturers allow their dealers to do whatever they want in regards to the pricing of new models.

3. ezferrari

ezferrari Rookie

Oct 24, 2020
    Thanks so much for the quick and detailed reply. That makes sense. I think I was just taken aback since the options pricing already feels so over the top as a new buyer and I never experienced a car order where pricing could change after you configured your car and production began.

Great point about MSRP. When I first asked if they charged over MSRP they laughed and said only if you really want to pay over. I was pleasantly surprised there.

4. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    There is a released price list at the start of the model year, but the dealer doesn’t even know the final price until the window sticker is finalized. That’s probably why he can’t lock you into an accurate number now. I have had a car come in with an unordered option and one with an atelier option that I was quoted a price and then when it arrived it was twice as much. Just know when the car arrives and you are so excited you just want the deal done and get your new baby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

09Scuderia likes this.
  5. ezferrari

ezferrari Rookie

Oct 24, 2020
    Ha true. Thanks @Dadr will keep that in mind!

6. sharkblue

sharkblue Rookie

Oct 23, 2023
    You are correct. I placed my deposit, but by the time I received the car, the base price went up around 8%.

7. Cool Runnin'

Cool Runnin' Karting

Apr 13, 2008
    FL
    My 296 GTB was delivered earlier this month. I paid my deposit in July 2022. The base price went up 6.5% from when I ordered it, but the options stayed the same.

8. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    IIRC the base prices for 296s have been increased over the last 24 months...last increase was $25k. Dealers don't know the pricing until the car almost arrives.

9. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    I was told last week that the base price is being held for '24 but option prices are being increased by 9%. I'm not sure if that applies to every market or just here.

10. Mrwatchdawg

Mrwatchdawg Rookie

Mar 12, 2018
    What is the base price now anyway? In the US?

compared to 2022 and 2023?

11. sharkblue

sharkblue Rookie

Oct 23, 2023
    2023 base price is $333,255 plus $5,000 delivery