Problems with Miller Motorcars | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Problems with Miller Motorcars

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by KenGoldman, Jun 29, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KenGoldman

KenGoldman Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 25, 2009
    MASS., USA
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Goldman
    If any of you have some comments on me & my ethics, please send them
    to me. I have been in the rare coin business for over 40 years & my record is
    completely clean. I am among the most respected dealers in my field.

However, another Ferrarichat subscriber told me on how Mr. Pfeister informed him
    that the warranty on a 550 extended for another 2 years when he bought the car.
    After 6 months, problems in the paint & elsewhere developed. He went back
    only to have Miller tell him--Sorry, we made a mistake"
    This cost him over $20,000.

I thought this thread was for facts & the reading pleasure of interested people.
    Not for someone who knows nothing about me to start some BS.

I can be reached at [email protected] and my
    name is Kenneth Goldman. Any other negative comments on me, Please advise.
    Either put up or shut up.

K Goldman

2. yale

yale Formula Junior

May 2, 2004
    New York City
    Calm down Ken, the Limey's were teasing you. You have made your point. There are those who will stand by Werner and those who will see your side but for all intents and purposes it adds nothing to keep beating on this. You did and were teased for it, nothing more was meant. No one was calling your ethics into question here.

3. MRONY

MRONY Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2007
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Mike O.
    #103 MRONY, Aug 21, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
    I have done a fair amount of repair business with Miller, and find them solid, reliable, slow and honest. They will likely service my cars until I am done with them.

I was a bond trader for two of the Street's most respected firms for years, and it was often the case I would have two major clients -- say PIMCO and Blackrock -- interested in a particular position. Everyone knew the rules of the road -- if they wanted me to hold something for them, they would simply ask for them "firm" while they did their legwork. They were great customers, and I would never sell them out. If the other guy came in with cash in hand, a simple "fill or kill" gave the first looker the chance to buy them, or they were gone.

The car business is pretty disgusting on average. Werner has a very good rep, and the last thing any collectible dealer wants to do is turn off a poentential customer. Werner simly screwed up -- he should have insisted you at least ask for an explicit right of refusal, which he could have given you after being sure the car was not already out to someone else on deposit, or taken an actual deposit from you.

Miller owes you an apology, but you should have known better. Anyone who deals in collectibles (like rare coins) knows the rules -- unless you have paper or the word of someone you trust (like Bruce McNall?? LOL!) everything under the sun is for sale to the guy with the money in hand. Stop whining like a baby, and chalk it up to experience. Both of you messed up.

4. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ken,
    are congratulations in order?
    ed

5. OhioMark

OhioMark Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2006
    This thread has more lives than a cat......