Production date / finishing date | FerrariChat

Production date / finishing date

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Kristo, Apr 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kristo

Kristo Rookie

Nov 3, 2019
    Poland
    Full Name:
    Krzysztof Chorazy
    Hi,

What is the difference between production and finishing date? For example my TR production date is 19.11.1992 but finishing date 9.02.1993. Why Ferrari gives these two dates?

All Best

2. Kristo

Kristo Rookie

Nov 3, 2019
    Poland
    Full Name:
    Krzysztof Chorazy
    Still need this info :)

3. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    I don't have anything specific, but it makes sense to me that there would be two separate dates. "Production Date" being when deciding to start (paperwork started, VIN assigned, colors determined, etc.) and "Finishing Date" being when it is completed and ready for shipment to the Dealer. Just a thought...

Kristo likes this.
  4. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Production date is the start of assembly. Finishing date is the end of assembly, normally a week or two after the Production date. Then there is the Delivery date which will be when the car gets to the customer. That will usually be a few weeks later and, I guess, depends on where the car is going to.

Obviously there is quite a long time between the two dates for your TR but a lot of that will be due to Christmas and New Year.

Kristo likes this.