Production phases | FerrariChat

Production phases

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Cavallino 458, Oct 31, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cavallino 458

Cavallino 458 Karting

Jun 24, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Vic Rob
    Very exciting - my car has just gone red 10 which i am told is when it all starts to happen.

Does anyone know if there is a thread/link explaining each stage of production?

Thanks

2. Hexnut72

Hexnut72 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2006
    10 - Orders accepted (Red 10 = No Changes)
    20 - Chassis assembly (at Scaglietti)
    30 - Painting
    40 - Assembly line (dash/wiring/interior/options)
    50 - Assembly line (engine/transmission)
    60 - Finishing
    70 - Testing (road/track)
    85 - Storage
    90 - Water (intransit)
    92 - PDI completed
    93 - Shipping to dealers
    94 - Dealer stock
    94 - Red - retailed
    95 - Submit to factory

3. Cavallino 458

Cavallino 458 Karting

Jun 24, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Vic Rob
    Thanks hexnut72 - would be interesting to also know the time frame for each stage.

Cheers

4. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Ferrari SpA would love to know that as well.

Onno

5. Street&Track

Street&Track Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    You also have Status 91 (at port), not that it really matters:)

All of the statuses are treated like a mystery novel, good luck finding out whether the butler did it, or even when he did it:)

6. tuttavelocita

tuttavelocita Formula 3

Aug 26, 2007
    lol i went red 20 and now who knows....hopefully they remember i was thinking of flying the car stateside.

7. Street&Track

Nov 10, 2003
    You are going to fly your car once it gets stateside, you must have got the flying option.......I know there are some new firmware upgrades for the 2012 MY that make the 458 faster but flying well that really is exciting. I heard that the new McClaren is planning to offer a submarine option and can go underwater:).........or maybe that was something else......every thing is so confusing these days.

8. tuttavelocita

tuttavelocita Formula 3

Aug 26, 2007
    lol i believe the correct term would be sarcastic ass!! haha I should have been more clear and used better grammar and punctuation.

I was possibly thinking of having the car air freighted instead of shipped by boat across the Atlantic Ocean from Maranello, Italy to FNA in New Jersey, USA.

is that concise enough ;)

9. Street&Track

Nov 10, 2003
    #9 Street&Track, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
    That about covers it:)

On a serious note, do you know where they fly the car in to the USA, if in fact they don't forget to have it air freighted?

By the way if your car went red 20 then depending on options, it should be done in 11 to 21 days. My car took 17 days and if I were to get it airfreighted, I was told that I need to let them know before the car was finished. They didn't have any deals at the time so I had it shipped.YMMV.

10. tuttavelocita

tuttavelocita Formula 3

Aug 26, 2007
    I was told when it hits Red 70 you need to let them know. The car will either get flown to NJ or Seattle. I was told the last car to be flown over which was a month ago it was 10K to seattle or 8K to NJ and then you still have the normal destination and delivery charges as if it got shipped by boat.

11. ktm

ktm Formula Junior

May 24, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Kieran
    You appear to have missed stages 60.1 60.2 60.3 60.4 60.5...........CAUSE IT SEEMS TO TAKE AGES TO BUILD ONE!

12. tnferrariowner

tnferrariowner Karting

Jan 30, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    David
    Work on two months from Red 20 till you get the car...it takes longer to ship here and get it to the dealer than to build it and get it to Genoa....mine went Red 20 on the 2nd of September and I pick it up this Friday!

13. Street&Track

Nov 10, 2003
    The long and the short of it is that 2 months from Red 20 is pretty close on average, maybe just a week or two either side of 2 months if your car is USA bound.

My car went Red 20 on January 10th and status 70 on January 27th, I picked up the car on March 27th, one day after it arrived at the dealer. So I was 8 weeks from Status 70.

My car sat at the port for 11 days which is a little longer than normal, why I have no idea and neither did Ferrari or so they said:)

As I remember the car took an extra week to cross the pond too, but it was winter time and with winter storms and icebergs.........or maybe that was the Titanic:)