Professional Graphics Designer/Firm Needed for FerrariChat.com... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Professional Graphics Designer/Firm Needed for FerrariChat.com...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Oct 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    You can have multiple submissions, I will select the best of the group for member voting, which may include several from just one artist.

2. s_mart

s_mart Rookie

Dec 2, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Raleigh Smith
    Rob,

This is what I do for a living. Pretty much what my whole store is about. I want you to come out for the Grand Opening and check out our stuff first hand. Not only do we do the design, but we make the shirts, vinyl, hats, logos and anything else. PM me and I will get into way more detail.

Raleigh

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Sorry I'm not very responsive, I've literally received 50 posts, PM's, and emails about people/businesses that do graphics work. No disrespect to anyone, but I don't have time to follow-up with everyone. For now I'm just having a contest to get our logo redesigned. It's likely whoever wins that will be someone I work with down the road. As far as the print ad, I like how Ferrariartist just threw some stuff out here and I like it, so I want to work with him on the print ads. Thank you everyone. Sorry I'm not more professional about sending out a RFP and following up.

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    What does everyone know about making TV commercials?

I would like to have TV ads on SpeedTV during racing or Ferrari shows. How much does it cost to produce a TV commercial and how much does SpeedTV charge? I was planning on asking them soon, but haven't had a chance.

Thank you,
    rob

5. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I like this one best.

6. Trinacria

Trinacria Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Baldassare Guzzo
    Rob
    Try Evolution Front in Stamford, CN. He is a top notch graphic design and web designer. he does the work for the History Channel and other large and small companies.

http://www.evolutionfront.com

The Designers name is Frank Marchese

7. Trinacria

Trinacria Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Baldassare Guzzo
    He also does the work for the Biography channel, A&E, and the History channel. No job too small or too big - he designed and printed my business cards. You can tell him I sent you if you want.

8. Trinacria

Trinacria Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Baldassare Guzzo
    I just found his business card.

203-965-7738

9. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    Hi Rob,

perhaps this is what you had in mind? ...

ciao,

Waldo
    ForzaRossa Design

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I love it! I would say you are in the lead right now. I would give it 90 points out of 100. Only thing at all I would suggest to make perfect is to show the diversity of the board by having a vintage shot and/or one of the modern street cars. Not sure what everyone thinks about having an animated logo, maybe not a good idea. However, maybe a way to fade into the background with or in replace of the checkered flag some other models.

However, beggars can't be picky and I really like this one.

Thank you!

Any others out there?

I thought Zorro's was really good too, he just needs to update to the new specs.

11. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    I'm working on something as well, for some reason I had previously overlooked this thread.

12. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    Hi Rob,

tnx for the compliment! ... Made another one, now animated... Can also make this one in Flash (swf) that will make it probably smaller in size (now around 90 kb). Made the pic of the 275GTB/F40 myself at Spa this year!
    Ofcourse the animation timing can be ajusted as you wish...

13. Dino 208gt4

Dino 208gt4 F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    I think this is a winner!!!!

14. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    rob, do you perhaps have a small collection of FerrariChat 355C photos so I can choose one for the header image I am designing?

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Now we're talking! 95 points. Platnium award for you. ;)

Only issue at all is if users don't want an animated logo. However, many of the sponsor banners are now animated, so what's another one. :)

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I have some. I would prefer pics with the latest graphics. Unfortunately, most of those (like from Laguna), I haven't acquired yet from the photographer. There are some great ones in the corkscrew, but I need to get them.

17. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Looks great IMO!

18. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Wonderful, respect, well done!
    Think we have a lucky winner:)

19. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Rob - Do you have any video from the corkscrew, from an outside the car perspective, at the bottom of the turn? THAT would be a cool animation, if it could be done. :)

20. TinaDK

TinaDK F1 World Champ

Jun 23, 2004
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Tina Poulsen
    I like this one VERY much!!!! :) Great work Waldo!!!

21. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Looks awesome Waldo.....you're a true artist!!!! My vote's on this one :)

Best

Carsten

22. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Darnit.. didn't see this thread until today. Do you think you could post the pics of your car when you get them so we could use them in some design options? I'd love to take a shot at this one... if for no other reason than to assure that there's not an animated banner. Hate those ;) Animated banner + animated ads = too much junk moving around on the screen. [beg]Please avoid![/beg]

-R

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    OK, I finally got the pics scanned from Laguna. They're about 1800 by 1200 and 1 mb each.

Bruce Miller (bmiller411) http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/member.php?do=getinfo&userid=7714 is the professional photographer who took these great pictures. I haven't paid him a cent yet, but I have his permission to post and use, of course with full credit. I owe him big time and he'll get plenty of money from me when I get copies of the #104504 throughout all its racing days winning two championships.

www.ferrarichat.com/events/2004Monterey/BruceMiller01.gif
    www.ferrarichat.com/events/2004Monterey/BruceMiller02.gif
    www.ferrarichat.com/events/2004Monterey/BruceMiller03.gif
    www.ferrarichat.com/events/2004Monterey/BruceMiller04.gif
    www.ferrarichat.com/events/2004Monterey/BruceMiller05.gif
    www.ferrarichat.com/events/2004Monterey/BruceMiller06.gif
    www.ferrarichat.com/events/2004Monterey/BruceMiller07.gif

24. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    #49 Z0RR0, Dec 10, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well, here you go for a second shot. That 104pxl height kills everything!!! I originally wanted to write FerrariChat with a font similar to the ChallengeStradale font, and put it on the butt of a CS ... but it was definitely too small.
    Oh well, since you liked the first one, here's one with a similar style, but changed the NNO for your 355C and the 360 for a 250GTO (I think ...). Lots of racing cars, but isn't racing what Ferrari is all about? I'll quote Alex on this one ... "Stallions belong on the racetrack" :)
    I also removed the Enzo Ferrari signature since I assume it's protected material by Ferrari Spa. ... If not I'll be glad to put it back caus I think it looks beautiful! :). The 250GTO pic is mine, and the 355C is from the ones you posted ... so I guess it's fine from that standpoint.
    No animation from me ... a flash at startup is fine, little animated amoticons are fine, but eye-catching (uselessly eye catching, too) animations usually annoy me. And at 28kb, I guess that's reasonably small ...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. djoex

djoex Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Joe Yeung
    my contribution, first try (10Kb). Thinking on print so no pictures on mine.