Project GothCovini: Catalyst Thermocouple ECU / TCU | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Project GothCovini: Catalyst Thermocouple ECU / TCU

Discussion in '348/355' started by gothspeed, Sep 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    What happened to this? Is it still available? No longer on Ricambi's website...

2. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Goth seems to be MIA. Glad I bought two.

3. StartedFromTheBottom

StartedFromTheBottom Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 9, 2016
    Europe
    Whats MIA?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Missing in action

5. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    ****. I was very happy with the first one, wish I would have just ordered 2 when they were available. This sucks.

6. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    My thinking about availability was that a guy building these things on his kitchen table, that took 20yrs. to be produced in the 1st place, may not last forever.
    Hopefully he will return.

7. plugzit

plugzit F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce Bogart
    He's been buried deep in the Gothcave. Sent him a text to check fchat.

8. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Check your PM's!

9. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    #84 vvassallo, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    To dispel some Goth rumors, although he will probably check in himself eventually.

First he is alive and well and still developing parts. He has been struggling with free time to produce existing parts and develop new ones - we Stooges are keeping him busy on things we want to see/have. He got a new job back at his old place and he has been doing overtime. Without saying much more, he does very important work out of the public eye. We have always joked that he is our real rocket scientist, because he seems like one, but that is not his job.

If you PM him and ask us to follow up he can get you what you want. The parts he makes are still available and as far as I know there was no falling out with Ricambi. I think it was a supply issue. After developing his 355 thermal ECUs we 348 owners want him to do ours too. They seem a bit more challenging, however. I know Goth will get to it.

I saw Goth recently so I know he is doing well. He did some head work for me on my big valve project that promises to make those things breath really well and eliminate hot spots in the cylinders. So that took some of his free time. Plus he has a Porsche 914 project and 2 motorcycles and a very demanding cat.

Lastly, Goth is a private guy, but dedicated to making replacement parts for the 355 and 348 better than the factory ever envisioned. If you have not yet, check out his 355 fan rheostat switch and thermostat valve. These will keep your engine operating at a set temperature without the oscillation the stock stuff gives. Luckily we 348 owners do not have this issue.

10. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Excellent news. Where do you see the thermostat?

11. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Glad to hear, although I did try to PM and for some reason it was not allowed. From the great folks here, it looks like I have one coming to me soon. Goth does the Lord's work, making crappy Ferrari parts better!:D glad things are going well and even gladden to have another ecu in waiting for when the next one inevitably goes kaput... :rolleyes:

12. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Where can I get this? Many believe this is the cause of all major heat, header, cat issues on the F355.

13. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Great product. I might have a buyer for a pair here in Norway aswell. He has a de-catted 550 with only Tubi rear mufflers. I have driven the car myself. Slow down is always on....

14. wbt

wbt Karting

Nov 28, 2014
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Wayne