Proper doument pouch / dealer directory for first half of 1979?? | FerrariChat

Proper doument pouch / dealer directory for first half of 1979??

Discussion in '308/328' started by wildcat326, Mar 6, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wildcat326

wildcat326 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Question for the group: My chassis is 27785, produced in April 1979. Over the years, I've individually assembled a full document pouch and manual set. I acquired the Dealer Directory that says 1979-80 because my car is a '79 GTS. However, I recently saw that chassis 27705 - same production month as mine - sold with its original books, and it had a "1979" labeled warranty card but the 1978 version dealer directory, as well as the laurel leaf pouch. I've seen other 1979 cars sell with the alternate pouch, and both warranty card and dealer directory stamped with the 1979 designation. (see examples below)

Sooo, before I part with my spare set of 1978-version manuals, anyone know whats correct for the first half of the 1979 production run? Thank you.

NOTE: The SECOND & THIRD images are from the chassis produced in my same month.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. wildcat326

wildcat326 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Also, any chance a mod can correct the spelling of "document" in the thread title? Thank you.

3. AZDoug

AZDoug Formula 3

Jun 17, 2009
    Along the Verde , AZ
    Full Name:
    Doug
    My 25521 car books and pouch look like pic #3. Except the warranty card and service book, see attached.
    I bought the car from original owner in 1984
    Doug

Attached Files:

4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Every time someone asks for a hard and fast rule for a book or a mod in this Ferrari era someone else has evidence to contradict this

The 78 dealer directory was probably sent out till supplies ran out

The 79 was ordered and probably started being used around April 1979

That the two overlap is almost certain

The 79 warranty card was ordered slightly earlier but the same principle applies

All previous threads about pouches have similar cross-overs

Therefore any combination could be correct