458 - Proper ride height w/ Novitec Springs | FerrariChat

458 Proper ride height w/ Novitec Springs

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by jagged155, Dec 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jagged155

jagged155 Karting

Dec 3, 2016
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I just had Novitec springs installed and found the car to be too low - especially in areas of uneven pavement and dips. The shop said that this is the standard height for when they install Novitec springs on the 458. I understand the coils are adjustable and wondering if there is a measurement that is recommended. I don't want to lose drivability of the car. Has front axle lift and Novitec spacers. Thanks in advance

2. jagged155

jagged155 Karting

Dec 3, 2016
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Dan
  3. agturbo

agturbo Rookie

Jul 10, 2020
    Yes ride height is fully adjustable, I installed mine a few months ago , need to raise it up about half a inch to drive around without worrying too much about scraping the driveway

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

jagged155 likes this.
  4. agturbo

agturbo Rookie

Jul 10, 2020
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

jagged155 likes this.
  5. vv23

vv23 Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Full Name:
    V V
    I have novitec springs on my 458 and am always rubbing the front fenders with the tires.

Its a pain to raise the front with the lift kit. Any suggestions?

6. Petrolhead#32

Petrolhead#32 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2020
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Petrolhead#32
    I also have them and I specifically asked the shop NOT to lower it that much. I think they ended up lowering it 20mm from factory. See picture. I also think yours is too low. Seems like they went down 30mm or maybe more?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caeruleus11 and mdrums like this.
  7. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Looks better the way you have it set anyway.

Petrolhead#32 likes this.
  8. Petrolhead#32

Petrolhead#32 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2020
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Petrolhead#32
    thx. Yeah I was very persistent about it. Stock is way too high, but you only need to subtly correct it.

btw @jagged155 this can easily be done. I’d ask them to raise it 10 or 20mm

bluesea, Caeruleus11 and jagged155 like this.
  9. 4583414

4583414 Karting

Jan 25, 2020
    Illinois
  10. jagged155

jagged155 Karting

Dec 3, 2016
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Yea, I requested the same thing but they didn't listen. Have had horrible luck with shops in AZ. This one seems good, but frustrating that they didnt listen - so I have to give more direct instructions the second time around.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  11. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Yours looks a little to low and do you have the front lift? Here's how mine sits and I do have the front lift option. As others have said, fully adjustable... Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

mdrums, Caeruleus11 and fazooley like this.
  12. DriIve

DriIve Rookie

May 3, 2018
    I just lowered mine w/ Novitec with the standard "2-finger" gap. I found that to be too low, lots of rubbing in front fenders and scraping of the rear lower fin (I have front lift so that's non issue). I had to take the car back in to raise another "finger." Sits perfect now for me with only very occasion front rubbing going over a dip at high speed. Image Unavailable, Please Login

mdrums likes this.
  13. fazooley

fazooley Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2005
    So is the general consensus 3 fingers should be a good height? I'm having the dealer adjust mine from the car that was just delivered. The selling dealership installed them last year and in the front i can barely get a finger in, the rears i can get 2 fingers. I mean shouldn't the front and back be the exact same height? Anytime i hit a dip in the road i have a nervous breakdown

14. DriIve

DriIve Rookie

May 3, 2018
    It depends. Most importantly the car should be flat. When I had even spacing front and rear my rear was a little sagged (I think the rear tire was "shorter"). We decided to do 3 fingers rear and 2.5 fingers front and now the car is perfectly even front/rear and much easier to drive.

fazooley likes this.
  15. fazooley

fazooley Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2005
    Sargepug likes this.
  16. fazooley

fazooley Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2005
    Thanks for the response. Like i mentioned earlier, i cannot even get a finger in the fronts. I drove the car a few times so far and each time when i would hit a dip I would hear it kiss, not a bang, just a rub. Maybe if I was in Cali or Florida it would be fine, but NYC, no way

17. jahdish

jahdish Karting

Aug 9, 2004
    tampa, fl
    Full Name:
    Paul Dziadosz
  18. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Aaaaaaaaaaamen to NYC bud, no fn way w/ too low here. Here's closeups of my front and rears, which both have a 2 finger count. This does suffice in most circumstances around the Metro area and do you have the front lift option??
    View attachment 3248196 View attachment 3248197 View attachment 2533926

Attached Files:

19. fazooley

fazooley Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2005
    Yea i have the front lift option THANK GOD. I mean even on the highway, when the road shifts it makes me nervous everytime. I think going up to 2 fingers on front and back should be good. The front i can barely get one finger in and I think going up about an inch would resolve alot of issue. I want to be able to drive this thing and not stress out. When i had my 430 spyder i never ever had any such problems, then again i had stock springs. The stock springs on the 458 i definetly think are too high, and I love the lower look but it has to be functional first and foremost

20. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Agreed! 458 way too high stock and you will breathe much easier w/ the 2 fingers. :)

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  21. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Are you running any aftermarket wheels or spacers?

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

22. fazooley

fazooley Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2005
    I didnt realize having spacers would make a difference. Im still having them adjusted, but i do have novitec spacers on the stock wheels. What difference does spacers make?

23. vv23

vv23 Karting

Jan 8, 2009
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Full Name:
    V V
    I am running ADV1 20 inch front rims. Aggressive offset I am sure is the issue.

24. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Yep that makes a big difference. Are you rubbing the rear part ofvthe liners in the front arches?

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

25. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    From an aesthetic point of view, rear spacers are a must when lowered. I have the Novitech spacers in the rear, can't recall if they are 15s or 20s lol