prospective owner questions | Page 3 | FerrariChat

prospective owner questions

Discussion in '348/355' started by bavareze, Feb 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joe1973

joe1973 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2016
    NJ
    I had a 993 as well. Comparing to a 355 made in the same era, the 355 significantly outshines in exterior design, interior, performance, sound and overall driver feedback. Amazing that 993s are basically selling at 355 prices today - at least the wide bodies while Turbos mostly surpassing 355s.

2. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Nothing wrong with them Porsches. The evoke a different kind of passion.

3. bavareze

bavareze Rookie

Feb 15, 2017
    Now I feel that I must get one to see for myself! Talking about the 911, it is the most successful racing car ever, and many people tend to be impressed by that...

That's one of the last mysteries that I need to clarify: after an investment in such a great car as a Ferrari, most people tend to keep them parked (judging by the low mileage of most Ferraris I've seen). I can imagine there is a combination of : people who own that have so many other cool cars, and can't drive them all; cars are impractical; fuel costs high; reliability issues.

4. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    We are all busy working. When we do take them out its only for an hour or two and there is not that many on the road if they only get driven an hour or two a week.

I think I am the only ferrari owner in palm springs area that takes his car abovE 5k rpm. See others weekly and they ar just cruising.

Lots of 458s and californias, and 599s but fewer 348,355,360, and 430s.

5. bavareze

bavareze Rookie

Feb 15, 2017
    possibly one of the reasons is that at 5k rpm (in any gear) the Ferrari is above the speed limit :)

I live not too far actually and I fly there at least once a year. If you would like to meet up, send me a PM!