Provenance | FerrariChat

Provenance

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by Bowzer, May 29, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    #1 Bowzer, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
    Hello all
    My 365 GT 2+2 was first purchased by belgian George Marquet ( Entrepreneur/ racing driver/ team sponsor) through his friend and colleague racing driver Jacques Swaters who owned the then Concessionair for Ferrari in Belgium - Garage Francorchamps. In 1968.
    Georges Marquet also had " Team Georges Marquet " racing Ferraris , namely the 1965 250 LM in picture below at le Mans of 66. He raced with Pierre Dumay, Gérald Langlois van Ophem and Gustave Gosselin and owned several Ferraris including 250 GTO #4757 GT and 250 LM #6313.
    Is this a good level of provenance for my 365 gt 2+2 or are all classic Ferrari's having this sort of provenance ?
    Thank you

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Timmmmmmmmmmy likes this.
  2. malcolmjl

malcolmjl Karting

Mar 27, 2014
    los angeles
    Its certainly more interesting than most, but I don't expect it would be the kind of provenance to increase value by much. It depends on the collector that's interested but at auction it may add 5% or so? You can add value by doing more research and finding accompanying documentation or photos. Great info so far!

Bowzer likes this.
  3. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    #3 Bowzer, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
    Thank you Malcolm ( docs & Massini report with the car , pics to come ;-) ) , and besides not for sale, she has just been bought for keeps after a long search.

4. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    It's cool, but in the Ferrari world I don't think it means all that much. I love researching that sort of thing, so I find it interesting.

Bowzer likes this.
  5. malcolmjl

malcolmjl Karting

Mar 27, 2014
    los angeles
    It sounds like its in the right home then! You seem to appreciate that history which is most important. Glad you found such a perfect car for you!

Bowzer likes this.