PS waitlist | FerrariChat

PS waitlist

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by jumpinjohn, Oct 29, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    According to my dealer, the first two years allocations of his dealership were mandated by Ferrari. After that, the dealer gets to pick. So perhaps two years from now I get to spec mine!

:)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    I was told that all the allocations were mandated by Ferrari, not just first 2 years.

I don’t anticipate getting one, my dealer has an extensive client list. Even though I’ve ordered 2 new cars in 2 years, I’m probably pretty low on any list

3. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    It’s interesting what we hear in different markets. The Regional Sales Manager in my region told me that the only cars allocated by Ferrari are the special cars like Competizione, Daytona etc. he said the rest were allocated by dealers. I asked about the 296VS Aperta - he wouldn’t say if one was coming or not but implied a model like that would be up to the dealer. All in all confusing and I think quite dependent on the market you’re in!!!

4. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I’ve got an allocation. Bought SF90, Roma and 296 lately. I’ll decide whether to go ahead after I’ve seen the car in the metal next month. The big question for me is whether I like it enough to let my ‘18 Lusso go.

5. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Well that is interesting about the variation. The way described to me is they get a certain number of allocations for the car. Ferrari sent them a list of their customers who receive allocations. Whatever is leftover, the dealer gets to pick. It just happens to be about half.

I declined on SF90 and missed the window on the 296GTS, so I’m pretty far down the list probably. No worries, though. I’m happy to wait and have a chance at this one!

6. Bernie B

Bernie B Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 6, 2020
    Chicago, IL Area
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    How many total allocations does your dealer think they will receive?

7. Bernie B

Bernie B Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 6, 2020
    Chicago, IL Area
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    What is the deplosit amount in Australia? It is $30,000 USD here.

8. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    $25K AUD

9. Bernie B

Bernie B Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 6, 2020
    Chicago, IL Area
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Wow, that is almost 50% less than what is required here. Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!

10. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I don’t remember exactly but i think 35 total

11. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    When it’s bad news, it’s Ferrari’s fault. When it’s good news, the dealer will take the credit.

12. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    A win win!

13. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    My dealer wanted all the ROFR signed and a $10K deposit for an “internet list” Then say a lot of “hail Mary’s” and “our fathers”. Here’s the exact first paragraph.

“Now that it’s been shown and we have the official details, I can start to take ‘interest list’ deposits from folks to get in line for additional allocation (once the first batch, which, candidly, have been spoken for already with TOP/VIP clients that the factory has told us are eligible, is satisfied).”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    This deposit thing is so weird and clearly is dealer dependent at some level. I did 10k back in April and bumped to 30k when the factory changed it. I imagine they want to really weed out who is thinking about it and who really wants one. My 2 cents…so take w a grain of salt.

Xrayv8 likes this.
  15. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I love the PS and initially was all in but after some thought spending $350K on top of what my Lusso trade will likely be at the time just isn’t worth it. I’ll keep me Lusso and add another ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamsHmb likes this.
  16. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    My dealer is one of the largest and they said 15 to 20 and they will be released very slowly. If I go TM, I'll likely get moved up on the list for my allocation.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  17. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I was 10K initially, then when the car was released I had to send another 20K. My dealer said they have 150 people on the waiting list, thats CRAZY to me!

RamsHmb, tfazio and Gh21631 like this.
  18. Bernie B

Bernie B Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 6, 2020
    Chicago, IL Area
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Goodness gracious! I feel fortunate to be on the list. Handing over $30K immediately was not fun. However, you must pay to play! Excited to spec my PS out down the road.

19. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Between 2 Ferraris on order, 3 Lamborghinis, 1 RR, 1 Porsche and a Raptor R I have a lot of money sitting with dealers. Good news is that its not losing money in the market. :)

ScrappyB, JTSE30, RamsHmb and 3 others like this.
  20. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Ha!! I need to implement that strategy!

JTSE30 and Gh21631 like this.
  21. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    My US dealer given 30 names by FNA who were approved and approved the offer now with 30k total deposit.
    Given 6 more allocations for dealer discretion at this point. All unknown how many after will be offered.

My spec is done unless I can get to TM.

we will see. According to my European friends, some were offered by dealer to first time high profile buyers but we know FUV is US China thing.

RamsHmb likes this.