Pull car in forward or back in? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Pull car in forward or back in?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by DennisForza, Jan 3, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I back in. The wife pulls in forward. It's easier to get in/out of the cars like that.

2. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Well, I honestly do not understand the post.

If the kids are so enamored of saying "goodbye", then would it not be best to be able to head out straight ahead when leaving?

Here I assume that they would be watching TV or doing some iPod something when you sneak home and back into your space in preparation.

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Because, Mr Warhol, I didn't get it. :)

4. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan

Yes it is safer to pull straight out. My practice has nothing to do with it. I am very aware of the problem.

The problem comes when people are not aware of the potential acts of children. This will include doing something that they do not understand is dangerous, like being behind a car or truck that is about to back up. Again, they do this because we make a big deal of saying goodbye too them. It's cute when they are just learning to talk and we make a big deal of saying goodbye to them. It's the first thing they learn to say. " Bye bye." Then they want to do it very much. So they rush into harms way. Combine this with a distraction or two, maybe they are in a hurry, etc. and children are run over.

Tell everyone of the serious concern everyone should have for the safety of children and the nature of this problem. It may save a childs life.

5. James_Woods

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods

OK, so what we are learning here is:

a) - be careful around your kids.

b) - whether it is coming home or heading out, unless you have a circle drive, everybody has to back up sometime.

Amazing what you can learn on the internet.

6. mgtr1990

mgtr1990 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Naples Florida
    Full Name:
    Martin Graham
    Agree with that approach I like to let the car idle for several minutes before driving it so to avoid the house smelling I pull in nose first also agree it is difficult to reverse in when you have a tight clearence.

7. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I like to back in because the cars look nicer that way, but my wife complains about the exhaust.

8. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Simply shut the engine off right before you enter the garage, put it in neutral, and have her push you in. Same thing when it's time to leave. Bet she learns to like the smell of exhaust real quick.

9. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    LOL :D Would be funny except it is tough trying to get wrenchs out when she embeds them in my skull.

10. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    I was contemplating buying a crack house in West Palm Beach. I would tear it down and build a fortress/garage with offices over. The lot is narrow, perhaps 50ft. and 100 deep with an alley in back. My plan was to enter in the back, park diagonally inside and exit the front. That way I would never have to reverse out on the street and be stopped with the car in neutral. I wanted to be in gear and moving all the time when I came out of there.

It's not going to happen though. I've got a better site under contract in a good neighborhood. The plan is still to have a garage with offices over. It will look like a house with a two car garage door on the front. Inside however will be room for about twelve cars. These, I will back in so they look good (front views) when viewing them. I close on the house(to be torn down) this Friday.

11. James_Woods

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    You are my hero. You truly deserve a white flying mirror Testarossa.

12. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    with my fat ass in those kevlar seats theres no way I'm able to see whats behind me. I'll pull in head first thank you.

13. chuckkegel@yahoo.com

Nov 28, 2006
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles R. Kegel
    Say Darth

The fellows at the club tell me when you return home for the night your mother backs the car in the garage for you.

Cheers
    Charles

14. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan

Ha Ha Ha. Being car crazy that sounds pretty good.

Kind Regards,
    Stan

15. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    No, no no........My mother used to back her own car in but ever since my father *****d up and sold it out from under her she has stopped parking altogether.....

Maybe one day she'll forgive him and I'll have a little brother...? ;)

16. chuckkegel@yahoo.com

Nov 28, 2006
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles R. Kegel
    LOL

17. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Similar here: back in the Ferrari, nose in the EVO: both a hair from the wall on the pass side: room to open drivers doors full (between the cars). Also room to move the trash bin between the cars.

And engines also closest to the tool box, spare fluids, oils, etc. ;)

(Profile pix is the older garage - new garage is only 2 car, side by side.)

18. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Which two...? :)