Pulled the trigger on a 2008 612 OTO | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Pulled the trigger on a 2008 612 OTO

Discussion in '612/599' started by Vroom1234, May 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Taz, Thanks as always for the info. I have the build sheet and was able to cross check the enumerated Options on the window sticker with the options on the MODIS assuming that all the “Other Options” were the remaining items on the MODIS. All options after the enumerated options were then lumped into “Other Options”. Whoever ordered my car evidently evident checked a lot of boxes.

For my car if anyone interested they are - shields, interior lower zone in leather, internal use (?), Parking camera, Ft/Rr parking sensors, ANNI 50-60 paint colours (Grigio Ferro Metallic), Yellow rev. counter, Std. style burnished Ft grill, Leather parcel shelf, Special features (?), Coloured standard stitching and Coloured steering wheel, must be the Internal use and Special features that jack up the price. Lot of stuff but still doesn't seem like $33k worth of stuff. But give myself a dope slap after all we are talking Ferrari STUFF here! :D

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Randy- How about posting that here, redacted if you like? I do not have too many 612 build sheets.

3. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    Base price on the Monroney for a 2010 612 OTO is $313,088, prep and delivery $450, and "destination" $2,000, for a total of $315,518. "All weather coolant" is no charge. Such a deal!

4. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    Build Sheet for Terry.

Attached Files:

5. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Donald- Thank you. Let me know if I can return the favor.

Wow, she sounds really beautiful.

6. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy

Attached Files:

7. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Randy- Thanks, yours is really well optioned, too. I think mine had about 4 options total. Grigio Ferro is a very pretty color, too. Did not realize it was part of the 50s and 60s palette. The SN I get is 163055, so hope that is correct.

Looks like the guy who punched the buttons on MODIS asked for two copies of the sheet because the time stamp is the same, unless that is just the date.

8. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    The guy punching the buttons was not sure what he was doing. :confused: I was hoping I could just drag and drop - but nooooooo and no cut and paste either.
    The guy originally ordering the car in 2007 evidently got cold feet and backed out of the deal since the build date is 9/2008 and sale date is mid June 2009. Maybe he checked too many boxes as the sticker was almost $400k which was a lot for the middle of a recession. Anyway I am very pleased with the car as optioned, everything I would have wanted if I was ordering it, except the price.:D

9. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Taz, That is the correct SN 163095 for my car.

10. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    Thanks, Terry. It is a good looking car. Ferrari got Blu Tour de France just right, not too dark, not too light. The Beige interior with dark blue accents and dash top is a good complement to the exterior.

I researched 612s extensively last summer when I was pursuing a highly custom 2009 two-tone (Brunito [deep brown metallic] exterior with Grigio Ingrid coves) OTO in California. I couldn't get my head around the colors, and the $199,000 price was too high IMO (although at $443,000 it did have the highest MSRP of any 612 I had ever come across). When this 2010 TdF 612 OTO was listed on FChat, my previous research put me in position to pull the trigger quickly, which I did. The seller was great to deal with and everything came together very quickly.

Not shown on the Build Sheet because it did not originally come with the car is a set of Schedoni fitted luggage that the previous owner purchased after he had acquired the car. That was the icing on the cake for me.

I'll be taking the car later this week on a 1,500 mile round trip from Maryland to Montreal with a group from the local Ferrari Club to attend the Canadian Grand Prix. The 612 OTO really is a great touring car. The F1 Superfast transmission seems much quicker than the F1 in the 575 Superamerica that I had, and the glass roof opens up the interior nicely.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

colamclean, Modena_2003 and MRY like this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Looks like half moon bay ritz Carlton;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al

Don, I'm going to Montreal too, meeting same group you're with. I decided to take my F12 instead of the 612 though, I know you wanted to see it. I'm looking forward to seeing yours. I drove mine twice to Montreal from lower NY and what a pleasure, so commanding and comfortable. Weather looks good so far.
    Have a safe ride...

Al

13. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Donald- The min shift time on a Superamerica, with the same F1A software as early 612s, is 180 ms. Superfast I does it in 100 ms.

14. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    Al, are you staying at the Hotel 10 that Lashdeep Singh arranged rooms in for the club? I am. I will be going on the group drive in the Laurentians on Friday. Saturday and Sunday I will be in Grandstand 1 opposite the pits and the Senna Terrace. Hope we can latch up. We'll have almost 600 miles one way to Montreal. That's a bit of a push for a geezer like me, even if I am driving a Ferrari.

Alcav5 likes this.