Puma/Ferrari clothing, when available? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Puma/Ferrari clothing, when available?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by f355spider, Nov 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Are you a retail outlet, Theo? What's your role in distribution?????

I don't mean to give you a hard time. It's common knowledge the teams are not supposed to retail their stuff. That's why the real gear is worth more!

I've spent thousands on my items, mainly to show support for Ferrari, way back when we didn't win! Getting into the pits was just a bonus!

The color of my clothes was actually wrong...(old red) but what really had 'em excited was no one had covered my tobacco logos for US. The crew got REAL busy with that, as I was standing alongside Mr. Todt in search of HIS autograph! They took care of that and then let me stay!

I keep the 'tape' covers on, to this day!

2. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Post that list then!

It really is more about the tie line to involvment in F1, rather than the actual cash value of what 'gets away'..............

Having both Lotus and Ferrari Tommy Hilfiger gear, I'd just like to see the construction quality of the product return.......FILA gear was a pretty half hearted effort.

Puma won't have to go great lengths, to top it!

3. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal
    I wish they would get someone else to style there stuff. All the logos are too big. I know its race stuff...but puhleeze.

4. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Hey Tube Guy! How's it goin'?

Where'd Theo go?

I think he's new to this...he didn't realize people like Collector's Studio make a living out of circumventing 'his' system........Well, I know he's new to this...Puma's first year!

Now, if they could just do something about the Williams sisters! LOL!

That was my point, I suppose...TH was a stylist, the rest of them are "team outfitters"...how much talent does it take to make football jerseys?????

Either way the logos on the TV screen....THAT'S where the ROI is.........

5. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I have been collecting REAL crew shirts, pullovers and crew firesuits for a long time....way before it was a big deal.

My friends in Maranello would score items from team members and save them for me.

They are really fun to have and wear. REAL crew shirts will have a way to trace them as they have the team member's name embroidered on it. One of the shirts that I have is a '99 shirt that was Luca Montezemola's.

The Puma stuff looks cool...........if you can get the REAL thing...not the replica stuff.

6. Theo

Theo Formula Junior

May 6, 2002
    Westford, MA
    Full Name:
    Theo Pappas

No, I work for Puma North America (Corporate). Actually, in the IT department (I am a project manager). I am kind of the resident Ferrari expert here since no one else knows Ferrari or F1. Back in Germany, our parent company has a motorsports division where all the F1 and Ferrari lines come from. Back here in the US, this is the first entry into motorsports as Puma is mostly into running, soccer and baseball.

7. Theo

Theo Formula Junior

May 6, 2002
    Westford, MA
    Full Name:
    Theo Pappas
    Yes, I (and to a certain extent Puma North America) is new to the motorsports arena. They are not making a big push into it (a mistake I think) as they think 'F1 is only in Europe'.

I was trying to be a good corporate employee but it has fallen on deaf ears. At least I'll get the replica stuff.

Theo

8. 400iGuy

400iGuy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Al
    Theo,

Would it be useful to send a letter/email to someone at Puma North America to help them understand there is interest in the US? Got a name and address?

400iGuy

9. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well, Theo, it IS fortunate they ACCIDENTALLY have someone with your perspective!

It will never be the $$$$$ door buster that a basketball number or a Williams sisters tennis outfit might be, but obviously theres a HUGE U.S. market if distributed properly..they could set up internet sales and clean up, rather than dumping it thru exoticar and speedgear!

Just a thought.......

I think AutoZone did OK on the F1 model car/SPEED promo.......most of them are gone, at the retail level...

Don't forget about the unchecked flood of international interest coming north thru Texas! That's who was alongside ME at the counter, buying the F1 model cars.........