Purchase help | FerrariChat

Purchase help

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by decardona, Mar 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. decardona

decardona Formula 3

Apr 23, 2005
    PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis Cardona
    I am looking at a locally owned 1982 911SC. It's black with red interior and is in really nice condition, drives as it should and looks great. I've looked at pricing and it's all over the place. The owner gave me a price that seems to be firm. It has about 110,000 miles. Is there anything I need to look for or worry about with this model? And is there a place to find real market prices? Thanks for any information you can provide.

2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Were the chain tensioners upgraded? See green outline. Is there any popping from the exhaust? Floor it in 1st, then wind out 2nd. If you hear an exhaust leak, it could be loose heads due to broken studs. How is it on a hot start? Drive to operating temp, shut down and let sit for about 15 minutes. If you have a hard start/no start it could be the fuel accumulator.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Not sure if it applies to SCs, but if it were a 964 I would be looking to see if it as had a top end rebuild, usually needed around 100,000 miles.

4. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir