Purchasing a F355. Your thoughts? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Purchasing a F355. Your thoughts?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Shurik355, Apr 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shurik355

Shurik355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2013
    USA Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Alex Velet
    I was quoted to ship the car with the enclosed trailer for $1750. That's the dealer price that was quoted to me. Said that this shipping he is not going to make any kind of profit on it, but who knows.

2. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    OK now lots of 348 guys responded too.... While were at it just get a 348. Yes they are better. :)

Robb likes this.
  3. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    It was my first Ferrari and I was deathly afraid of the horror story repair bills but in hindsight it would've been the perfect car with another $20-25k invested.

What happened was the valve guides were shot and the owner just took it to a random import tuner shop to get the repair done. When I looked at the invoice for the repair work I googled the company and noticed it had some not so positive reviews online...at that point I paid for a full inspection with compression and leak down and the variations were too much for my liking.

I ended up buying a high miler with records from day one and maintained with no expenses spared. I've enjoyed the crap out of the car but now that I don't drive as much I wouldn't mind selling it to fund a lower mile example that I can take for a spin here and there as I don't have as much leisure time these days. :)

carnutdallas likes this.
  4. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
  5. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Older but may be useful for others looking. http://lists.ferrarilist.com/pipermail/ferrari/pdf00001.pdf

Awesome find Robb.... FWIW I am skeptical of all Ferrari's at Joes car lot type places, there is always a story on how they go it. Authorized Dealers, legitimate known dealers (like Merlin) and private sale for me. I'd gamble on BAT with a known seller before no name car lots or grandiose names lots like BHCC of which there is A LOT of these in Florida btw.

carnutdallas and Robb like this.
  6. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I've bought a lot of cars, many sight unseen, but I would never buy a 355 without seeing it in person.

I think your best bet is to fly out here and rent a trailer to bring it home or purchase in person and arrange shipping.
    I wouldn't drive it back that far. There are always surprises, even from the "perfect" one's, I found out my wipers didn't work on my 3-hour drive back home. It was more humorous, since the previous owner had never used them either lol

Robb likes this.
  7. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    kenneyd likes this.
  8. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I sent you a PM

9. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    THAT was a close call.
    I did buy my 355 sight unseen, but all parties were known entities. Ugh, that listing is criminal.

carnutdallas likes this.
  10. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    just wanted to thank you for this comprehensive list...

11. bballto

bballto Karting

Mar 10, 2014
    Nice help