Purchasing High Dollar Ferrari!!! | FerrariChat

Purchasing High Dollar Ferrari!!!

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Glassman, Apr 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I'm seeing a new trend in Ferrari ownership and I'm thinking I like it. Therefore I am officially seeking a very expensive and rare Ferrari for " Fantasy" ownership.
    Thats right, I don't have the money right now to actually purchase one of these rare cars but I would like pretend like I have one. Maybe Wayne and others could help me locate a proper and obscure serial number that I could claim as my own.
    Please, I would prefer to get at least six to eight months of clean fantasy ownership before getting caught.
    I would post at least weekly about my incredible exploits in my new and very rare car. I promise to make all stories very interesting and even post pictures of the car and work I am doing on it as long as someone will send me the pictures to post.
    I may even threaten to bring the car to Monterey and show it, only to have some weird breakdown on the way, or maybe have to sell the car to a relative who is so outragously rich that I am sworn to secrecy about the whole transaction.
    I will also talk in very vauge terms about such things as how much I love these wonderful " motoring cars" and how I feel I am only a tempoary caretaker of this wonderful piece of art, and it actually belongs to the whole freeking world.
    I also promise to tell you all about my many other wonderful cars, only you can't see any of them because I'm afraid that someone might steal them. You see I have spent so much on my fantasy cars, that I cannot afford a freeking alarm system.
    And also, wait a minute, I need another beer.

2. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Hey Bill,

May I suggest 375 Plus 0400AM?

3. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
  4. Gilles

Gilles Karting

Aug 10, 2003
    South of France
    013S 166 inter.... !
    Or 0449GT, 0451GT, 0453GT, 0455GT, 0457GT, 0459GT, all very spécial Boano or other as you want !!!!
    Gilles

5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Mister Pimp Daddy:

Keep your grubby hands off my Spyder.

I remain,

6. fivebob

fivebob Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2004
    Tauranga,New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Callum
    Why subject your fantasy cars to the rigours of taking them for a fantasy drive, better to leave it in your dream garage and excuse yourself because your aging maiden aunt's pet poodle has just died. Of course you have to attend the funeral because she sponsors your fantasy car obsession and it may even get you the much prized sympathy vote. Besides which it's far more believable than a dream car actually breaking down.

Now where's that tongue in cheek emoticon when you need it, oh well this'll have to do :p

7. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Hey, all of you people who don't take your fantasy cars on fantasy drives daily are just wasting them! Let someone who appreciates a fantasy car have a chance!

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I agree this is a great idea!

Can I use the VIN of the burned Enzo?! Heck I bet they still have the Owners Manual on the shelf of a River Oaks garage!

I do need to ask FChat advice on the best place to get a fantasy 30K service. Should I use a dealer or is a compitent independant okay??

You KNOW who I mean!!! :) ;)

9. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Just make sure you use the fantasy Shell Helix Ultra oil in it.

10. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well, I do use Shell occaisionally, but I'll go on record here as a Royal Purple 20-50W man, in all my real AND Fantasy Ferraris!!!!

See related endless ongoing thread on fantasy oil in the Technical Section.

11. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I've lived thru the Shell years, the AGIP years, the Shell Again years, and have come to the conclusion it doesn't matter WHAT you use, Just CHANGE THE DAM_ OIL once in a while! LOL!

Royal Purple is a Child Advocates Racing for Children team sponsor, and the stuff feels pretty slick, too!

12. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I'm thinking the Boano is to my liking. I think I will transfer some funds and get the ball rolling right away. Can someone E-mail me some pictures of my new car, and an approximation of how much I spent on it. I can't wait to get some work done on it and pay throught the freeking nose for it.
    This is going to be rewarding!
    I also don't care what the condition of my car is, I will probably do a no expense spared total restoration on the car anyway. Its going to be perfect.

13. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3

If it's gonna be a fantasy, go for broke. 001C. We'll all believe you!