Purosangue | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Purosangue

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by Sargepug, Mar 22, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Would you buy one?

1. Yes

72 vote(s)
    51.4%
  2. No

60 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Undecided

8 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. I think that's more a function of RACE correctly judging demand and calibrating supply to coincide j-u-s-t right with that demand.

It isn't necessarily a signal that the demand is greater, or greater, than some other Ferrari, or some other SUV, necessairly.

2. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    Huh?:confused:

Glenn Quagmire likes this.
  3. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Judging demand and calibrating supply? Dealer demand has been off the charts, which has absolutely nothing to do with supply. Regardless whether one likes/dislikes the design, it’s the most usable product the company has ever made. Thus the reason for high demand, despite the significant cost when compared to competitive alternatives.

4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK

Ferrari's business model is different. They are not going for high volumes with the Purosague. It has nothing to do with the Cayenne et. al. Even if they wanted to, the production capability for V12 engines is limited.

MalibuGuy and Glenn Quagmire like this.
  5. PowerLabs

PowerLabs Rookie

Apr 26, 2010
    Thus my comment “even if the V12 production is limited”
    They are going to make one with the 296 Powertrain next…

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK

Ferrari deny it will get a V6. Also, they say that the Purosangue's production will be no higher than 20% of the total production.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ferrari/purosangue

PowerLabs likes this.
  7. PowerLabs

PowerLabs Rookie

Apr 26, 2010
    Very interesting! Let’s hope it ends up being true..

REALZEUS likes this.
  8. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Alfa Stelvio Quadrifoglio! Save 445,000 USD ?
    I’m warming to the Alfa. Pretty good time at the Green Hell (Nurburgring)
    7min 51.7 sec. !

Potential Purosangue depreciation ? Anyone? I’ll go first= $300,000 in 7 years

9. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Just plain ugly

10. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    That's a tough call. It's a groundbreaking vehicle from Ferrari, so these are unchartered waters!

ACW44 likes this.
  11. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    I recall people said the same thing about the FF

Can someone chime in about the cost of a well
    optioned FF and the current market value.

12. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    IMO, that's apples and oranges, this is "earthshattering" in that it's Ferrari's first SUV.....

13. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    #38 MalibuGuy, Apr 7, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
    I’m not sure it’s earth-shattering.

Lambo Porsche BMW Mercedes were the pioneers for performance SUVs. Then Tesla for all electric with innovative doors.
    Rolls and Bentley offer the pinnacle of top luxury status SUVs.
    And sure Lexus Honda Toyota Ford GM Hyundai Subaru Nissan all make nice SUVs too.

not sure why this thread is here in the 458 488 F8 Forum

14. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    People, it's not an SUV...

15. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    #40 MalibuGuy, Apr 8, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2023
    Lambo LM 002 was a 12 cylinder 4 door 4 wheel drive SUV made in 1986
    That was the first LUV (Lambo)
    The Urus was named car of the year by several auto journalists and publications, namely Robb Report

Cant wait to see which auto mag names the Purosangue car of the year! Maybe the Devonshire Motor weekly!

Also waiting to see the Mansori Purosangue Bodykit ! Replete with forged carbon fiber and massive rear wing !

16. PowerLabs

PowerLabs Rookie

Apr 26, 2010
    That simply means there will be others. They’ll keep milking the formula because it is such a guaranteed cash cow for automakers, and what comes next will be faster and “better”, virtually ensuring depreciation…
    Check out what a used Porsche Cayenne or
    BMW X6M goes for…

17. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al

If comparing the Purosangue to a Stelvio based on those metrics for owning a car works for you then you are correct.

I have a Stelvio q/f and it was relatively cheap while very fast , but in no way is it Ferrari quality (not that I've sat in a Purosangue)

Ferrari is just an expensive brand to own. Period. Same with some pocketbooks my wife chooses when so many less expensive can do the same job. :mad:

I don't think its depreciation will be that great , not like Maserati or Land Rover , but like all 4 seater Fcars there will be some...

I want one so I do hope they depreciate enough to a level where I can buy.

18. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007

We only live once, If it’s the right SUV for you, then it’s the right car.
    Depreciation is only important when you sell. Hopefully, you keep the car for years and drive it often

ACW44 likes this.
  19. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    I hear ya, but they aren't a Ferrari! ;)

Rexcat458 likes this.
  20. KZEVO

KZEVO Karting

Jul 25, 2021
    Yes i would buy one if offered but i wont go hunting for it like i would for a mid engine ferrari. It will be interesting to see the depreciation curve on these. Will they suffer the same fate as the gtc4lusso (which i like and looking for one). It makes it a lot more affordable or at least you don't have to deal with a 200k depr hit within 2 years of launch,

21. F8Spider

F8Spider Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 27, 2021
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I planned on ordering one. Surprisingly my dealer told me I couldn't. Only VIPs are offered the Purosanque. A top NFL quarterback contacted my dealer trying to order a Purosanque. They contacted Ferrari and the answer was flat out no. So unless you have a stable of Ferraris it's irrelevant. Maybe at some point they'll offer them to current owners but who knows it's Ferrari.

22. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    #47 MalibuGuy, Apr 14, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
    Ferrari marketing has various strategies at play
    I recall when the FF debuted dealers were asking people to buy certain models in order to get the model they wanted. One can also currrry favor by attending various driving events.

I'll relate a piece of marketing which helped a young chef with a struggling restaurant become successful and famous. His reservation book was very light . His new manager instructed to tell anyone who called for a table that it was impossible as the house was completely booked for the next three weeks They offered their soonest table then.

three weeks passed and then the house was full and this created a buzz . of course the food was good. But in a town like LA, the food wasn't the most important reason to go to a restaurant. Status was. Getting a table where most people couldn't get a table, created demand

The SUV is the dominant market segment So it will sell

plastique999 likes this.
  23. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

SUV'S suck......funny when they are upside down in a ditch thinking that they can drive int he snow. I do not want anybody to get hurt......thats up to them.

24. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I’m really intrigued by it… As much as I love my 458, it only holds two people. If I had a few kiddos and wanted to get them all in one vehicle for a family trip, it looks like a great option.

Sure it’s not a typical F-car, but the public has shown great interest in SUV (or SPV’s as some call them) vehicles. It’s a platform that has been wildly successful for other automakers, so it will no doubt be very successful for Ferrari as well.

I wish them much success and profitability with this endeavour. Eventually, a few will pop up on the secondary market and then this cheeky geezer will take a closer look…

Cheers!

25. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    I just wonder how dealer service departments will be able to all all the new models and record breaking productions number, adding 20% more volume and space with the Purosanque.

Service depts from major dealers, i know, are hurting for skilled help. That said, I suspect service appts and time in the shop will be more elongated.