Putting in my electromotive FINALLY! | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Putting in my electromotive FINALLY!

Discussion in '308/328' started by Birdman, May 10, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jlc308

jlc308 Karting

Jul 11, 2009
    Irvine CA
    See attched pictures. This is how you eliminate extenders forever. Done mine about ten years ago and still running great with no misfires.I posted a few times before on this site

Attached Files:

thorn and GordonC like this.
  2. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Thanks, sounds like a good solution.

Thanks, that looks even cleaner. Always worth a repeat!

3. Brian Harper

Brian Harper F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2006
    San Jose area
    Full Name:
    Brian Harper
    That looks great! I don't know how I never saw it before. BUT when I go to Kingsborne and look for those extender tubes, they are not listed (anymore?).
    I have also not been able to source the red rubber tubing that the wires run through.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. jlc308

jlc308 Karting

Jul 11, 2009
    Irvine CA
    I did these about ten years ago, so the part numbers may have changed. You can call Kingsborne directly and they may still have the parts. I reused my red tubuing because they were still in good condition.

5. hanknum

hanknum Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Henry
    WTF... you're still around Jonathon???:p

I'm just checking in trying to sell off the rest of my parts. Don't know if you know, but I ended up trading my 308 for a 2008 Tesla Roadster. Glad you still have yours though. My 308 still had your fuseboxes and brake caliper decals.

Anyway, when I traded my car, it still had the Electromotive HPV-1. Had it on for 20+ years. I used Taylor wires from Summit... think I still have a box in the garage. I only ended up needing to change the wires about every 20k miles.

PM me if you have time or email me directly at [email protected]

Henry