Putting Together Car Show w/ Musk. Air Fair (Blue Angels) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Putting Together Car Show w/ Musk. Air Fair (Blue Angels)

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Jerrari, Dec 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    I kind of like Andreas way of getting to and from by taking the ferry, so I will more than likely attend. With only one other 12 cylinder scheduled, I may take the 512 BBI instead of the 308 GTS QV.
    Dave

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Jerrari,I have a Red/Tan 1981 308GTSi. Will definitely be making the trip,same way as Andreas outlined. Looks like a Great weekend! Land-Water-Air....the ultimate combo...:)

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Precisely my thoughts!

Frank, Dave, Dan, I think you should send Jerrari a PM to confirm your participation.

FOC Midwest will officially support this event and Pilota will run an ad for it. Hopefully we can get some more of our FOC members in WI and MI to participate as well. I'm thinking Saturday evening we (FOC and Ferrari fans alike) should have a little dinner together.

4. Farmers Agent

Farmers Agent Karting

May 24, 2004
    I did pm jerrari as he requested. I hope he got it.

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    He is on the road till tomorrow. His post doesn't reflect your car yet, I think that one 308 is mine.

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I just 'P/M'd him,too.

7. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Guys, I just got back from Cavallino, so here is an update:
    Confirmed:
    1) Me 1989 black/black TR
    2) My Dad 1995 348 Spider triple black (just bought it at Cavallino)
    3) Frank (Owner of Tubi US) Red 360 Modena
    4) Mike Oldani 1994 348 Spider Red
    5) Andreas 1984 308 QV Red w/ wing
    6) Dan Giacalone 1985 308 GTS QV (color?)
    7) Dave Bendl 1982 512 BBi Black
    8) Frank Weidmann 1981 308 GTSi Red
    9) Mark LaFontaine either silver 360 M or Black Ford GT
    10) Michael Farmer 1960 250 GT 2+2 Modified Racer
    Pending:
    1) Dan Norton 1978 308
    2) Jack 1987 328 GTS
    3) Joe Mock 250 GT Spider California (show winner)
    4) Brian DeVries 1955 Europa GT
    5) 1994 348 Challenge

Thanks,
    Jerry

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    308, 1984, red with a rear wing, which is why it likes airplanes so much
    :)

Dave's 512 BBi is black.

9. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Haley and I are in.. probably bring the lil red GTO... and Lambo could use exercise..
    The red car will be a bit different than everyone remembers as we are redoing everything over the next few weeks... don't want to spoil the ending but this is a MAJOR overhaul of every part of the car... and as with the Lambo all the mods are being done by us. This time we are going to have someone else do the paintwork, but we're doing the body mods, engine, interior, wiring, etc..
    Brake and suspension upgrades...
    Power is more than triple what it was too.. :)
    hmm... any road courses along the way? wanna race??
    sorry hard to curb enthusiasm - had some decent news recently that means we can get this build done finally..
    Chelle

10. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    That's awesome Chelle! Does that mean 2 cars or just 1? Please post years, models and colors of cars or PM me. I need to get accurate counts whenever possible. Thanks, Jerry.

11. Farmers Agent

Farmers Agent Karting

May 24, 2004
    My 1985 308 gtsi is Red.

thanks
    Dan Giacalone

12. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    2 cars
    Jerry, Lambo is a 1974 Urraco P250 see pics and buildup here:
    http://members.core.com/~sysadmin/personal/Urraco/lambo.html

The GTO .. well, as it's not authentic/original we know we shouldn't be front row really, but it's a red on black 62 250 GTO recreation. Last year it was a GTO inspired replica... this year it's moving up a bit ...a lot of body proportions corrected... I'll send some pics as progress happens, but I'll let this new info out of the bag.. we finally secured the V12 we were looking for.. it will be done in the next few weeks.

Think of it as a streetrod version of a GTO... looks right but faster and safer than original.. and it gets driven, a lot. The last few years we have gone on quite a few drives with the local group..
    If no one wants to push their car for a runway run we will... also if you can get us some more details on the "Boss" deal we might be up for it.
    Chelle

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That's fantastic news! Can't wait to see it. Sounds like you finally stretched the chassis and put in the proper engine. Amazing!

I'm up for the runway run as well. 250 GTO vs 308 QV. Somehow I know who's gonna win that one (reminds me of that scene from "Rockstar" with Mondial vs Batmobile)...But hey, just the bragging rights are worth the risks of a burnt clutch.

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    BTW Jerry, what would be ultimately cool is our own version of Jet vs Ferrari race. Kinda like Ferrari SpA does it in Italy. If Muskegon has a parallel runway/taxi way/service street we could have F16 vs Testarossa. Now THAT would be my kind of crowd pleaser. Heck, I'd do 308 vs Cessna if I could.

15. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    Wouldn't be fair - your car has a bigger wing.....

16. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Jerry,

When is the last day we can notify you to be part of this? I like Andreas' trip across the lake bit and am considering attending the show on Saturday if free time permits.

RocketBoy

17. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    I talked to Terry Grevious today about the runway race and he will not know until the day of the show (or shortly before) if he can squeeze that in. He is on a very tight schedule down to the minute for the show. He said if it does happen, it will probably be before the rest of the main show starts. At this point, the entire show has been scheduled so there is no chance to race a jet. I will however mention it to him for next year. BTW, if anyone wants to rope off their car to keep spectators a few feet away, you will have to be on grass and bring your own rope, unless someone has an idea as to how I could get something locally for you that would look good. I would have to be reimbursed as I am already providing a lot of funds out of my pocket. Thanks.

18. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    You can notify me as late as May 1st, but I may have to put you in an out of the way area.

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Heads up!

You can now reserve your ferry tickets online:

https://rezweb.com/lakeexpress/

I just made my reservations for car and passengers. I suggest you do the same if you're serious about this event: Once the dates have been made more public, I bet many folks from IL and WI will use that ferry to make it to the show.

20. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Guys FYI, here are some hotels in Muskegon:
    1) Amerihost Inn (231) 798-0220 Very nice clean place, about 5 years old located 1 mile east of airport. My recommendation.
    2) Best Western Park Plaza (231) 733-2651 Older place that has been remodeled but clean. 2.5 miles n.w. of airport.
    3) Shoreline Inn & Suites (231) 727-8483 1 year old VERY nice place located 4 miles north of airport in downtown (FYI: downtown area is in a state of disrepair as the mall has recently been razed). www.shorelineinn.com.
    4) Comfort Inn (231) 739-9092 8 years old, very clean no frills 3 miles n.e. of airport.
    Update on attendees: I am 90% sure I just secured Nicolas Cage's former 1967 yellow 275 GTB/4 from the Gilmore Museum in K-Zoo. Also got a verbal on an '05 Carrera GT (another exception that I will make from the "all Ferrari" rule!!).

Also don't forget I'm having a party at my house Saturday night!!

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I made a reservation at the Shoreline Inn. Would be nice to have some drinks at the bar without the hassle of driving home.

22. Farmers Agent

Farmers Agent Karting

May 24, 2004
    Hey guys and gals, we should get together and plan this trip. Maybe we can get some discounts by booking together. Also we can all drive together. I know we will see each other karting but maybe we should meet earlier.

23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not to pour water onto your fire, but we tried last year to get some kind of ferry discount and were too small a group to get anything. Also we'll be driving to Milwaukee the previous day to spend some time in Milwaukee. So we'll catch up with most of you probably on the noon ferry over.

It would be cool though if we could get our cars grouped together on the ride, just for the look of it.

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Are you going to have signs posted next to the cars with some history like that? Would you like us to bring a sign or rather not?

25. Farmers Agent

Farmers Agent Karting

May 24, 2004
    I looked at the ferry times. Are you taking the 12:30 pm friday? Are you going round trip? When and time?