Putting Together Car Show w/ Musk. Air Fair (Blue Angels) | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Putting Together Car Show w/ Musk. Air Fair (Blue Angels)

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Jerrari, Dec 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yes and yes: Friday 12:30pm and returning Sunday with the 10:15am. We have to be 45 minutes before these times at the dock, so if we say meet an hour ahead that should give us enough time to get our cars together.

2. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    I'm planning on having some 8.5 x 11" plaques (probably black plastic w/ yellow engraved letters) made for each attendee as well as a "History of Ferrari" quick synopsis type sign (maybe 18" x 24" or so) as most attendees will be very green as to Ferrari history. I will post what I have so far tomorrow and maybe you guys can think of things to add or delete. I will put the facts in bullet form for a quick read so we can't be too wordy. Thanks, Jerry.

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I am in,for sure. Yes,it would be great if we could make this as much of a Group Thing as Possible. I will probably go up to MKE the day before with Andreas. I love that town. Great Fish Fry's on Friday Night,too....:)

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well I'd like to visit the new Calatrava art museum, hoping maybe I can even get a shot with the car and the spectacular wing behind it.

Aside from that I'd like to visit our buddy MGM lawyer Mike as well. Haven't seen him for a year and by now he has two horses in his stable.

...and Frank, forget the Fish Fry's: You'll be in Muskegon on Friday night already. We have to be at the air show Saturday morning 7am. This is the military, remember...
    :)

5. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    No worries mates, plenty of good chow in MKG. Lots of fish frys on Friday nights here as well.

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Oh,O.K. I was thinking,for some reason,that the Ferrry across was on Saturday. Either way,fine with me.

There is a super cool Restaraunt in Milwaukee called "Maders",(or something like that.) I picked up some MKE Brochures when I was up there a few weeks ago. This place is supposed to be exteremely Cool...a Medieval Castle/Art Museum type place,with great food. If it looks like that outside,some pix with the cars out in front of the place should look very cool. Also,some other Stately old Mansions,like the Pabst Mansion,and a few more,all close to each other. I have to find those brochures and Maps that I picked up there.

10-4 on the 0700!...:)

7. Farmers Agent

Farmers Agent Karting

May 24, 2004
    I booked my ferry passage today. Friday 7-22 12:30 p return sun 7-24 10:15a. I have not done the hotel yet. I spoke to a ticket agent and she said passengers are not a problem but the vehicle deck can get crowded if an event is happening. book it, as you can cancel if need be. they do charge 10.00 cancel fee.

8. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    #58 Jerrari, Mar 15, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just thought I'd give you guys a car show update. I just "secured" the girls for the car show which will be wearing tight Ferrari shirts!! The one on the left is my wife Janelle and the one on the right is her friend Jill from Phoenix. Believe me, the photo does not do Jill justice!! I'll be back w/ more relevant info in a few weeks. Jerry.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,my Son and I are all booked up for the Ferry,same days. Which Hotel are we all going with,with best parking/Security for our F-Cars? (And close proximity for the Show,if we need to get there early....?)

I'm going to Phoenix next week,for a couple of Weeks....Can't wait...I am tired of this Cold....

(Nothing wrong with Jill's picture,either...:) )

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    FOC member Berrie will join us in Muskegon with his 308 coming from MI.

11. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    If anyone is interested in some great seating to see the show, please click on the following link and submit the form. Just say that you are employees of West Michigan Power Cleaning Systems (my company), and members of the Muskegon Chamber.
    http://www.muskegon.org/PDF/2005AirFairChalet.pdf

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Looks great: Premiere seating, lunch and snacks, ice cold beverages, frontline viewing. Heaven!
    I put in a reservation for one package of 8 people for our FOC members.

Guys, let me know who wants to be in on it. 8 is the limit making it $ 40 a head. So far I got:

Dave + Andreas

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Sold another two seats to Berry, only 4 left.

14. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Count me in for 2 seats. (Well,I am bringing Frankie along on this Trip) Who do I pay?

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Good decision Sire.

Eventually you'll need to pay me, but hold off with that for now. I have put our reservation in, but first I'd like to see that we actually get the deal. Should be a blast though.

Got two more seats. Chuck? Don?

16. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,as much as my Wife does like these "Motorsports Things".... My Son really Loves them alot more. And,since he doesn't live with me Full Time,it's nice for me to be able to do things like this with Him whenever I can. And I know he'll always remember it. And it's certainly "Steering" Him in the right direction...:)

If he grows up loving Cars,and Motorcycles like I did, (looks like it....:) ) He's gonna be alot of Fun....And,this event,involving Cars,Boat,and Planes is truly a Cool thing....especially for a little guy with not much experience with all of this Cool stuff yet....:)

17. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Guys, if you have not made reservations on the ferry yet, please do so. I talked to the mkt director for the Lake Express and there are already dates that are sold out for this summer!! FYI, you drive your car on and off the ferrry yourself. Also, if anyone needs ANY help with ANYTHING, please let me know. Jerry.

18. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hey,we are really looking forward to this! I am bringing my Son along,so he can experience the Car,Boat,and Planes all in one Weekend. Should be Very Cool...:)

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    When your son is an adult he'll look back on the cool stuff his dad did with him and will feel really grateful. My parents did great stuff with me and it had a profound impact on me and my life and I'm sure your son's future is already being molded by you. Good for him.

20. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Thank-you,Sir. I do appreciate that! Yes,he is already showing symptoms of Motor Oil in his Blood....:) He cleans and takes care of his little Dirt Bike,and is bugging me for a Go Kart-like the ones we saw at Vettefest....:) We'll see.......:)

21. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hey guys....It's getting Closer to the big Muskegon Air Show. So,if you hadn't booked your Ferry Trip and Accomodations,better start thinking about it. Who all do we have going from Chicago so far? My Son and I are going. We are going up on Thursday. Staying overnight in MKE.,and eating Dinner at Maders. We'd love to meet up with some of the Milwaukee Ferrari/FChat Contingent somewhere...Maders??? (BTW....My son is only 7,so,we'll have to pass on a Bar....but,I'm sure they have some great drinks at Maders. ) Then,we will have time to get up Friday,and have a nice relaxing Breakfast without having to hurry for the Ferry.

22. Farmers Agent

Farmers Agent Karting

May 24, 2004
    Hey Frank I am going. I have ferrie tickets and room at Shoreline in Mich. I do not know if my wife is going. I am going up to Milw Friday. This should be a fun trip. Do you think we can troll for salmon of the ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Man,I'd love to! (Troll for Salmon or some Lake Trout....:) Yummy! I have some Danish Buds' who used to bring me some Smoked North Atlantic Salmon every time they came back from Denmark.) I've been on Lake Michigan Fishing Charters a few times. Best one was out of Montrose Harbor on a 53 Footer....:) I could not belive how many boats are WAAAAY out there....6 Miles plus. It's been awhile since I've been out on one. Sounds like a plan for Summer,with Junior....:)

O.K. You are staying at the Shoreline Inn? That one is 4 Miles from the Airport,and in the Downtown Area,Jerrari said. I think that Andreas was,too. I was just going to make my Hotel Res. Tonite or Tomm.(Made the Ferry Res. a couple Months ago) I totally forgot about it,as,that Thread was off my page. (No posts on it for a while) Jerrari gave 4 places. The closest was Amerihost Inn. Only 1 mile East of the Airport. I was thinking of going with that one,but would prefer to stay with everyone else,and our Cars...:) ) So,I'll call all 4 tommorrow and get the Scoop,and make my Res.

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Jerry,

welcome to FOC Midwest!

Just received your sign-up confirmation and figured intstead of my personal email, I'll welcome you here in public since you already have your own thread. Heck you even have your own event!
    :)

Looking forward to meet you, your wife and your TR in person.

25. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Thanks Andreas, I thought that was the least I could do since you guys are supporting me and my event. BTW, I am very close to getting Brian Farano from Continental Motor Sports to come to the show w/ a Maserati and a trailer full of goods to sell (hats, t-shirts, 1/18 cars, etc.). I have secured the Ford GT I spoke of earlier and man is it hot!! Black w/ silver stripes....regardless if you like Fords or American muscle cars, there is very little NOT to like about this car. Only about 2 months to go guys, so please make sure you get your ferry tickets and book a hotel if you have not already done so. I assure you they will sell out soon.