Putting Together Car Show w/ Musk. Air Fair (Blue Angels) | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Putting Together Car Show w/ Musk. Air Fair (Blue Angels)

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Jerrari, Dec 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Farmers Agent

Farmers Agent Karting

May 24, 2004
    Well this sucks. I cannot go to the airshow as my good friend's wife just laid on me that they are having a surprise 50th b.d. party that weekend. I just canceled my reservations on the ferry and the shoreline hotel. Last weekend I had to cancel the oak street show due to a college grad party and now the dorral show is in question. Business and a very busy social life are messing up the fun social Ferrari events big time this year. Hey Frank, save one of those salmon we were going to troll for on our way to Mich!!!!!!!

2. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Sorry to hear that Dan. The show is only 6 weeks away so please anyone who has not gotten their ferry tickets and booked a hotel room, please do so. If you need any help with anything, let me know. Thanks, Jerry.

3. SpyderGirl

SpyderGirl Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    Just made our reservations at The Shoreline Inn. It looks like a nice place and like Andreas mentioned, nice to have a few drinks if you want and not have to drive home. They allow dogs too, but only up to 25 pounds...Looks like 2 of the 3 Shelties is going to have to go on a diet! ;)

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Great to have you girls for this event. Now the big question: What car will take you there? And the even bigger question: Have you reserved the ferry yet?

5. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Well Andreas - looks like we're taking both the Lambo and the GTO :)
    We hadn't figured out the issue of the Ferry yet..
    still debating...
    Chelle

6. SpyderGirl

SpyderGirl Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    If that pile (GTO) in the garage is not done by the time the VA Car Show is here, you will see something in the news about a blonde getting "whacked" by a shorter blonde! :)

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Oh man,what a Bummer! Oh well....Yes,will save some Salmon....:) I took my kids Downtown the other day for a little Family Day thing....Not too much,as,I can't handle alot of Walking. But,I took them on a Shoreline Cruise,(a Double Decker Boat) from the Aquarium area. The kids loved it. First time that my 7 year old Son was on a big boat. I told him that the Ferry is much bigger,and Faster. So,he is now even more excited about that. It's inching ever so closer...can't wait!

8. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    #83 Jerrari, Jun 11, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm glad you guys are excited about the show, I think you're going to love West Michigan. What time is everyone getting into port on Friday? I could meet you there in the TR and from there we could drive through Grand Haven (7 miles from here), have lunch at Snug Harbor on Lake Michigan then snake our way back to town. Any interest? If so, I will arrange special parking in G.H. Thanks, Jerry.
    http://www.grandhavenchamber.org/
    www.grandhaven.com
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    That sounds fantastic,Jerry. We are really looking forward to this. We'll be taking the 12:30PM Ferry from MKE on Friday the 22nd. They say it should arrive Muskegon at 4:00PM. Plus,however long it takes to offload. See you then!

10. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    By now I hope all of you that are coming to the show have booked rooms and ferry tickets!! As far as the show goes, each driver will get in free, as well as his/her car. You will have to be in place by 8:00 am Saturday 7/23 (formerly 7:00 am). I would like to do a short drive to Grand Haven Friday afternoon if there is any interest, please let me know and I can meet you at the ferry. Please let me know if there are any questions and don't forget the party at my house Saturday night at 7:00, I'll show ya'll how we do it in Muskegon!! Jerry.

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Sounds Great! Can't wait!

12. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I guess I should start watching the Chicago forum!! Hey Jerry, don't forget about us in Michigan who are making the trek to Muskegon. :)

I'm taking Friday off so I'd be interested in meeting up with the group for the Grand Haven drive on Friday Afternoon as well.

13. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Sorry Mike, I have given up on posting in the Mi section as I never get a response. FYI guys if you are interested, I have got a friend named Jim Crowell who has a collection of specialty vehicles in Muskegon that I am trying to line up us to see (if we have time...maybe Sunday morning?). He often buys and sells to/from the Imperial Palace in LV. Currently, he has the limo that Elvis's dad rode in for Elvis' funeral, one of Elvis' old Caddies, one of Al Capone's cars, the batmobile from Batman returns, a street rod from Sammy "the bull", Sammy Davis Jr's Caddy customized and signed by Chuck Barris that he had when he was in the "Rat Pack", one of Conway Twitty's cars (can't remember what it was), the space capsule from Planet of the Apes, the Flintstone mobile (from the movie w/ John Goodman), the actual E.T. from the movie and Pepsi commercial, 2 dirtbikes that Vin Diesel rode in some movie, one of the Dukes of Hazzard Chargers signed by "Cooter", a beautiful Shelby Cobra w/ a 427 and 500+ h.p. owned by some famous dude, one of the Beatles cars from the Sgt. Pepper era with a funky psychadelic paint job (just bought by P. Diddy who was in Muskegon recently looking at it, it may not be there though by the 23rd), and about 10 more with stories and about 50 more muscle cars, vettes, etc. He had dozens and dozens more that he has sold including Jane Hathaway's convert from the Beverly Hillbillies, Munster mobile, etc.

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Jerry, sounds like a fun idea (I'd love to see the Batmobile), but we really don't have much time: Our ferry leaves at 10:15am on Sunday, so we have to be there by 9:15am.

Maybe a quick visit on Friday evening (say 6pm) might work better?

15. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Man,that sounds cool! It would be great if we could check them out. I don't know of any famous cars here....There is a guy with a "Dragula" copy. And,a Red/Tan Mondial Cab. that was owned by Goldie Hawn For Sale at FVM.

Al Capone,and his Parents and other Family are Buried in a Cemetary that is just down the Road from me....If I can remember,I'll bring a Photo of his Grave to give to your Bud with the Capone Car.

And...George Barris is in Town this Weekend at the Volo Auto Museum....:)

See you in a few weeks!

BTW....Who do we have from Chicagoland going now?

16. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Does that make it special?

17. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,Hell Yeah!!!!........That is.........only.........IF....you are a Goldie Hawn fan. Me?....NO..... I did like Her in "Laugh In",though.....:)

No,I'm not one of those "Star Struck" types. I have met alot of Rock Stars in my day. Nice,mostly regular Folks. Unfortunately,there are way too many people who view Celebrities as God Like.....Not Me! But,as far as getting a Car that was owned by a "Celebrity",be they real or self appointed....:) That doesn't make any difference to me personally.

A year or so ago,there was also a Red/Tan Mondial cab. that was owned by Michael Andretti being offered For Sale. Now,tell me he didn't work that car hard....:(

But,as sure as ****,if you do have a Car like that,there will be plenty of people who will go gaga googoo because of that. Go figger!

18. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    BTW.....Jerry,I received the Mail that you sent today. Thanks,but that should be fine. See you in a few weeks!

19. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    You're welcome Frank. FWIW, the cars in my buddy's collection are cool first and formerly famously owned second in my book. With the exception of Al Capone, SD Jr. and the bat mobile, I could care less if just some celeb used to own a car, most celebs make me puke anyway. It is cool though to let your mind wander and think about Al Capone's and Sammy's cars and think, "if only these cars could talk!"

20. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    No,Jerry,I was referring to Current "Celebrities",and those people who just can't get enough of them...And just have to know every single thing that they do...whether they read it in the 'National Enquirer',or watch it on one of those Lame TV Magazine shows like 'Entertainment Tonight'. Who cares about "Bennifer" or "Madonna", (she probably doesn't even drive....:) ) "Britney Spears", (is she still "In"...?...do We care?...:) ) or "Brad Pitt".... Or,A Car once owned by "Ashton Kutcher".... Stuff like that.

Now,IMHO,something that has a Connection with something that was/is Historically significant. Whether it be to everyone,or just ourselves,is Cool. Historically,and/or in the Automotive World. Al Capone's Car? Very Cool. The Batmobile? Very Cool. Stuff like that to me is cool. Something from George Barris. Carroll Shelby. The Rat Pack. I certainly do agree with you. The Car is Cool,first. The Celebrity of that car is second. But,I suppose that that is a subject in the eye of the beholder....:) But,usually,if the Car is an Old Car,it has that going for it right there to start with.

As I mentioned about the Michael Andretti Car. Cool,but probably driven very Hard....but,definitely not as cool as if it was Mario's....:)

No,My Son and I would definitely Love to see those Cars if we can. But,as Andreas said,maybe Friday afternoon would be about the only chance we'd have,as,our Ferry leaves early on Sunday...:(

21. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Entertainment Tonight sucks. I watch the news on NBC and as soon as that stupid jingle comes on (it comes on at 7:00 here), I can't turn the thing off fast enough. For seeing my buddie's collection, I am going to try for Saturday between the show and my party. We could drive straight there, stay for an hour or so and then on to my crib. What do ya think of that??

22. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Sounds Great! I will be bringing my Video Camera along for this fantastic event....:) Cars,Boat,and Planes....what more can one ask for! My Son is just biting at the bit...."How much longer,Dad,how much longer..."...:)

23. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Remember I told you guys about my friend Jim Crowell in my post: "Details on Air/Car Show in Muskegon"? Well, I called him today and asked him if he would bring the Batmobile (THE Batmobile from "Batman Returns" w/ Michael Keaton) to my show on 7/23 and he said "sure, I'd love to" without hesitation. His only condition was that he be able to charge people to sit in it (if they so desire) so that he can donate the money to some less fortunate children (he loves to help kids). I said that would be OK. Also, we are all invited to travel in a caravan from the airport after the show (around 6:00 pm) to go to his car lot/show room for about a one hour tour of his collection. He is is about 8 miles East of the airport. Those that are not interested can join my wife and her caravan going straight from the airport to our house and the party. Jerry.

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Tell Jim he has my donation for sure. I MUST sit in the Batmobile.

Better yet: Ask him what number I have to put on the cheque to DRIVE it. I'm serious.

25. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Pls post photos I am a huge batmobile fan!