QP and or CLS55 comparison | Page 4 | FerrariChat

QP and or CLS55 comparison

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by goober, Apr 23, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MB for lower class, you have to be kidding. I would take the CLS55 over the QP anyday, performance, and looks would make me take it over the QP. I like the QP no doubt, but its performance figures are not so hot compared to the MB, it also has very bland styling. I seen one a few times and from a distance the rear reminds me of the crysler 300C.

2. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    that's really good cos we don't get the chrysler 300c in Australia, so don't know wot your talking about, but i'm sure the QP would **** over the chrysler in opulence

3. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.

MB isnt for the poor, you`re absolutely right but it has no where near the cachet and mystique that maserati has. if youre looking for a nice cruiser the cls would be better, for a drivers car the maserati destroys.

its hard to judge a persons taste but i cant see how the maserati resembles a 300c. at the local ferrari dealer the other day, a 300c was parked next to a Qp, there is no resemblence at all. Remember the 300c looks like a bentley ripoff, the Qp was inspired by the original Mk1 QP. Either way the QP has won just about every design award possible, give the car a look from closer up, you wont be disspointed.

the amg will obviously faster but a 0-60 sprint of 5 seconds for 2ton car isnt that bad either, considering its naturally aspirated and how many sedans can boast having a ferrari derived engine...

4. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.

you should give the RS6 a look, really cool car

5. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    i have nothing against Audi, however the sterility of the German thing i trying to get away from, sure the RS6 is powerful but it still looks like an Audi----similar to benz asking so much for the AMG stuff (commands extra $ without altering the appearance too much) BMW have sorta changed a bit with the Motorsports vehicles but to the average punter looking at it passing down the street it looks similar to the base car it was designed from. F cars don't have this problem because each car is unique and even though some models may not be to everyone's taste (400i) it is still unmistakeable F car.
    The current edition of the E55 is a classic example, great highway cruiser but park it in the street and unless you read motoring mags and are up to speed with the different makes it would look like an E320 (but wow it has bigger wheels)thi s is the sterility of German manufacturing. The Maser looks different, it will command an effect that "look at me i'm not your normal Euro spec car"
    In Australia, Commonwhores and falcoons are the same, they can HSV or FTE whatever but a taxi is and always be a taxi

6. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    very true, something about german cars just dont cut it, they lack the emotional side. The maserati`s curves do wonders!

7. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    it's a bit like winking at a woman in the dark -- you might know what u are doing but she's got no idea,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, gernman cars fit that mould-u might know what you are doing behind the wheel but the car is operated by compooters and has no idea about u, so it does what it has been progremmed to do.

8. kbrookings

kbrookings Karting

Apr 26, 2005
    German cars stand at attention in your garage waiting for your orders, which he will then perform precisely, reliably and impressively.

My QP whispers to me from the garage. She calls in that sweet Italian accent to come out and play and learn what kind of experience we might create together this time.

9. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.

Very true, my Alfa does the same, she speaks to me when shes neglected or abused but performs flawlessly when she gets the right amount of attention she needs.

10. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    whats even more interesting is that little soul these italian cars possess trickles its way down to everything motorized. My 75`Vespa was exaclty the same and my dads Fiat`s had the same character......

11. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Are you guys sure you're on the right thread?
    Sounds like you are on the Bikini thread below.

12. kbrookings

kbrookings Karting

Apr 26, 2005
    Don't we all choose our cars like we choose our women?

13. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    dunno found mine in a pub on a pool table trying to put a foot in each pocket

14. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    but i didn't find my cars in a pub,

15. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I want a set of 575 wheels (fronts) for my 328. :)

16. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles

not bad we started off with a QP and look now 575 for 328, me wants tyres for my F14 from the F16 (they keep wearing out)

17. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    MB has gone down the toilet as far a QC is concerned. There cars look very nice, I really like the Cl500 etc..but the electrical issues with them are unacceptable. The MB is the only car I have to supply extra light bulbs to the customer everytime he/she comes in for service.

The older Benz cars I would say were some of the best cars built ever. I would have to say that the latest I would go with a benz car would be a 98 E320 or E430. These cars seem to hold themselves together very well. The CLK series when they came out were stunning, but soon after the cars really showed how bad they really were.

i drive around a 92 190E 2.6 MB which I bought from my father which he bought new. This car has been nothing but the best car I have ever owned, and bar far the best car my father ever owned. I has required almost nothing in terms of repair and with close to 400,000KM on the clock..I'm in search for another one. I have a feeling these will be all I will drive for a long time. I could care less that the cars is 13 years old. She drives like new and barely a rattle to speak of.

I just wish Benz continued to make cars like this as I would not hesitate to buy one.

The QP..Nice car..but will be worth half it's amount in 3 years. Just like any other Itailian 4 seater..they all seem to go the way of the 400 series Ferrari. I for one have not warmed to the looks of it yet, but thats just me but I think it does look good..just not stunning.

18. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    Stephen,
    we were taken for a drive today in the QP, up the old Eagle on the Hill,
    www.snowcreek4.com.au/treagle.htm , and it is a pleasure to drive, my better half is stoked with the auto mode, and yep comparing to the M3, the M3 is shizenhouse, this QP is the ducks guts, and when we got to the top it we just sat andd watched on this lonely road and a CLS500 drove by in black, and we were both convinced. The qp is opulent and sexy and bloody quick, the v8 sounds 360ish and the outright handling would take on the M3 and sh!it on it, and to the boof heads who bought a CSL go figure. the Qp from siting in the back is a luxurious car, i'm glad i am convinced and glad to have had the response from this and the MB canada site (they even hate the CLS, it looks like an AU falcon

19. kbrookings

kbrookings Karting

Apr 26, 2005
    Another QP Seduction. Glad to have you in the group.

20. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    and loving it

21. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    50% drop in value over 3 years?
    I can live with that.
    50% drop in less then a year (like on a S600) is a bit hard to swallow.

22. rakjoe

rakjoe Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe R.
    Get the new BMW 750Li, better looking and better performing car than both mentioned.

23. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I disagree in both regards.(especially :performance)

24. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    definately not better looking and not better performing

25. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Amazing isn't it! I am working on a deal for one now myself as a straight swap for the S600.