QP faster than a M5 | Page 8 | FerrariChat

QP faster than a M5

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by gougoul, Oct 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    rolls and bentley interiors are out of this world, im sure better than the QP

2. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Back on topic, not sure if this has been mentioned already, Motor magazine recently did a comparo between CLS, M5 and SV6000 (local Holden 4dr perfromance sedan with Chev motor) It was noted by all testers, including a well respected racer, that the M5 understeered like a pig. Just like the old one did actually. All reviewers seemed to prefer the MB CLS55. Straightline performance figures were virtually identical BTW. I am not here to say that I think the CLS is better than the M5, just that because it is the new M5, doesn't automatically qualify it as the greatest handling 4 door on the market. I have always respected EVO as a publication and now we have another less than glowing review of the M5, underlining handling deficiencies that were identified from fast road work. This would clearly explain how the QP was faster around a track than the M5. Reminds me of when the M3 was first released. It was quoted (R&T comes to mind) as a Porsche 911 beater. Yeah right..... Later reviews of the M3 became a little more objective.

3. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    that would help explain the QP's faster lap time, its supposed to have incredible turn in, thats i hear or read about this car.

4. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    That's what i saw when i tested one. But again, nobody seems to care.