QP software problem delaying delivery? | FerrariChat

QP software problem delaying delivery?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by watt, Oct 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    my salesman just wrote that my wife's Quattroporte is in port in NJ, but they have software issues to be resolved.... and he hopes to deliver by month end

has anyone heard or experienced this??? thanks

2. Kewpie

Kewpie Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    canada
    Full Name:
    !
    not particularly. my car is already at the dealership. another customer's car has been delivered. they mention nothing about software problem.

3. Andiamo

Andiamo Rookie

Sep 20, 2004
    Palm Harbor, Florida
    Full Name:
    Al Fontaine
    I wrote a thread on Q-porte delays last month, I believe. Originally, I was told of a November delivery with a deposit given late June. Then, I was informed that it would be delayed until next March. After a few conversations, I was told that it was a computer glitch problem. The cambiocorsa has been upgraded for the u.s. models and it makes me wonder. The u.s. model that I test drove is great but maybe there are other problems with it. I sure wished that I could get some straight answers. Are there any dealers out there that know why the deliveries slowed down so much?

4. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    The QP needs to have a full automatic and a 6 speed as options. Other than a few Ferrari fans, few people in the market for a 4 door sedan are going to put up with the crap you have to deal with with F1 transmissions. I know I won't.

5. Kewpie

Kewpie Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    canada
    Full Name:
    !
    well, the E60 M5 is going to have SMG as the only choice, and certainly a few ppl are disappointed.

i am not sure if a full automatic would bring out the best of this engine though.

6. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    A slushbox would certainly broaden the cars appeal but the QP was never designed to conquer the luxo market, it was built for the enthusiast that was willing to sacrifice some comfort for true sporting character. Since Maserati can't/won't build the QP in the volumes needed to truly compete with the established models in the market there just isn't any motivation for Maserati to build a true automatic.

7. 1975gt4don

1975gt4don Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Peoples Rep of CA
    Full Name:
    Smog Exempt
    Good gosh. I thought this was a joke.

8. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    wasnt a joke for first few deliveries but her car has shipped, we'll have it a week or so!!!