***Quality control issues on a 1979 308GTB*** | Page 2 | FerrariChat

***Quality control issues on a 1979 308GTB***

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by christopher, May 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DonB

DonB Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Don Bartz
    Chris:

Hi Don Bartz here.
    I have a '79 308 GTB also which I completely restored. Took it apart and ended up with 22 boxes of bagged parts! It took 3 months to put it back together. It was very educational to say the least. I'll never do it again! Anyway I digress, the '79 model year from what I understand was a real stinker for quality control especially regarding paint. Numerous cars were so bad, that they had to be completely repainted after reaching the states!
    Anyway on a positive note, I've had my car since "93 and it has been a great car, very dependable, fun to drive, fun on the track, and easy to take care of. There are lots of cool things you can do to them for not too many dollars that really fixes them up, and even makes them more fun. Check around. Have fun!

2. christopher

christopher Formula 3

Nov 29, 2003
    Ontario California
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Hey Don,

Thanks for the feed-back!!
    You wouldn't be that fellow that has been posting the pics of the blue 308 undergoing retoration would you?? If so, I did find your postings very educational, thank you for the time!
    Respectfully, Chris L.