Quattroporte - Neiman Marcus Edition | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Quattroporte - Neiman Marcus Edition

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Kewpie, Sep 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I absolutely love the front grille - awesome!

2. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

It doesn't matter who was first with the fender holes...........if you can't see the resemblance in the two cars you are blind. Even pretending that the holes are not there....it's pretty visible.

Now having said that...........I doubt anyone of us would actually drive the Buick......but I'd love a QP.

3. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Kizdan-
    Other similarities I see are the color. Its almost exactly the same in that picture. Both cars have big flashy chrome wheels and very defined front grills.
    Thats pretty much where the similairites end.

The car just seems to have alot in common. However, there is a lot more UNCOMMON. I love the Q-Porte and the Park Ave Ultra is a cool car, too.
    I want to make it perfectly clear that I am not complaining how the car looks. Only saying my opinion.

Oh and for the record I have seen both in real life.

4. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Color? You are kidding me, right?

The Q-Porte has chrome wheels only on the NM edition, to date they are not available on the standard car. As far as grilles go, most manufacturers do have very defined grilles - quite possibly the biggest point of identification and distinction.

5. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    You know what - if the Q-Porte didn't have the vents, do you think that you would have still picked the Buick as being a car that it resembles? It would be the last car to enter your mind.

I think the Q-Porte is a completely original design, and looks like no other sedan on the road.

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    ooohh I would love to see a 4P with mesh grill.Not chromed though.

7. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

The truth at last. ;)

8. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Had trouble with your link but found this
    Call_Solutions rings up sale of Maserati

By Thomas A. Kvamme, The Scope
    On a cold windy Thursday morning across western North Dakota indoors, away from the elements, was a pretty good place to be.

For most it would be just another day at the office.

However, a flurry of activity indoors at the Williston Call_Solutions Teleservices Center provided a whirlwind that stirred up some heated excitement.

We had an opportunity to be on location and take in the excitement first-hand.

In a matter of just 23 minutes 60 special edition Maserati Quattroporte automobiles, valued at $125,000, were sold as orders from across the country were confirmed.

You can add to that at least 14 on the waiting list.

SPECIAL OFFER

Operators were on duty at the Williston and Glendive, Mont., centers for this special promotion of the Neiman Marcus limited-edition 2005 Maserati Quattroporte.

Featured in the Neiman Marcus magazine, the promotion was set up and was previewed on the Today Show prior to the sale.

A special 800 number was listed in the catalog and web site directing a buyer to the Williston office.

PHONES TURNED ON

At 11 a.m. Thursday, more than 40 operators were poised and in position in Williston to accept orders for this special edition on a first-come, first-served basis.

Calls came into the center from across the country, including New York to Los Angeles and from way down south to Texas.

With a limited number of only 60 automobiles available, a $5,000 deposit was required to reserve a prize.

Once the list was complete, that information was forwarded with all sales to be conducted solely by authorized Maserati dealers located throughout the U.S.

A limit of one vehicle per qualified retail customer was offered, with no dealer purchases permitted.

F/M SPOKESPERSON

We spoke with a Ferrari/Maserati spokesperson direct from the home office in Englewood Cliff, N.J., following the sale and he was elated.

"We considered it a great success," was the report we received.

That spokesperson noted this year they are celebrating the 50th anniversary of Ferrari in the United States and America has played a big part in the Ferrari story.

He added it was nice to see the different way Americans continue to play a role, pointing out that on Thursday it happened in Williston.

He also acknowledged this was a small part of a very long and colorful legacy.

VERY FAST SALE

The spokesperson informed us that in under three minutes they had requests for all 60 automobiles.

Mark Hardy, president of the Inbound Contact Centers for Call_Solutions, told us they have had a lot of high profile sales over the years, however this was as exciting as it gets.

"Our reputation for quality and responsive service is what got us the account and we have been able to maintain that high level of service," said Hardy.

Hardy attributes the work ethic and dedication of his employees, along with the teamwork involved to support a program like this.

He added, "it takes everybody to make it happen."PERSONAL DESIGN

For this one of a kind creation by legendary designer Sergio Pininfarina, he outfitted this automobile much like he would his own personal driver.

Pininfarina, who has long designed the Ferrari line, was called upon to make this a once in a lifetime experience.

OUT OF CHUTE

Once the switch for the phones had been turned on, in Williston alone, 26 calls came in during the first minute.

That led to more than some 50 calls in a period of one minute at both centers.

Hardy told us this was the most expensive automobile Neiman Marcus has featured in a catalog.

While the calls came in, one could only wonder who was on the other end?

DELIVER IN APRIL

Plans call for the automobiles to be built in February, with delivery scheduled to begin in April.

The spokesperson noted each automobile has an owner when it is built.

We have learned that the closest dealers to us are located in Minneapolis and Denver.

9. Kewpie

Kewpie Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    canada
    Full Name:
    !
    build in feb, del in april? wow.. that is a still a 6 months wait.

10. GregD

GregD Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Is Neiman Marcus building a limited edition for the quatroporte each year or was it a one time deal?

The Chrome Grill and rims look great. Its too bad you can't build those options into the car, as they really stand out.

11. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    one time deal I believe. Neimann Marcus often offers a new(usually by different manufacturers each year)car each year but it is usually based on a brand new model.

12. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig

13. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    Are maserati planning to do a "David Jones" version of the QP for Australia!!!!

and that Buick thing, thank god we don't get buick in Australia, that thing if it was a horse would be shot!

14. kbrookings

kbrookings Karting

Apr 26, 2005
    I have a QP and you're right every time I walk out to a parking lot looking for my car I confuse it with all the LeSabres and Park Avenues.

Here is what is going on regarding the Buick/QP thing - by analogy.
    When we were kids we all listened to the most basic music available; three chords and a rhythm line. Backthen all classical music sounded the same and we just can't figure out why those grown ups liked it; even got teary eyed when they listened to it.

Then you grow up, learn about music, become musically discerning , develop some taste and next thing you know all simple music sounds the same and musical exhilarition requires a more sophisticated arragement, that we can now hear and apprecaite.
    So it is for you guys who think Buicks and QPs look alike. Don't worry; be patient - your day will come.