Quattroporte Tipo 107 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Quattroporte Tipo 107

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Portenos, Aug 10, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gopp

gopp Karting

Nov 2, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Marius Sorteberg
    Good thing you discovered this now then. One more summer and your crankshaft would have been shot instead.

Good luck, and please keep the pictures coming.

Best regards
    Marius

2. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I know this car. I had it in my "classic car winterstorage hall" a few years. It was pretty good (not perfect), but very heathy for its age :) It is correct, it is silver. A color that match a red interior very well in my opinion. It is a very cool car to drive.

I am looking at the new QP 6 now and I cannot say anything else than that I dislike the styling of it. There are too many edges and contours and air inlets designed like on a german or japanese "hot hatch". And the tail lights look like that of an Audi A5! The new Ghibli will without doubt be a "killer" in the M5 market and for a reasonable price. The case that Maserati will start to boost sales imensely world wide, will gain the QP I value alot. I cannot see why it shouldn't. Imagine all the rich people in USA and ASIA and EUROPE who love their new Maserati... These cars must be just before a big rise in value. Look to Lamborghini. After they were bought by Audi, they have made ALOT of Gallardos and Murcielagos.. Now the value of Miuras and Countaches have doubled in the last 10 years. The Diablos are also becoming more expencive!

So HOW MANY Quattroporte I (serie one and two) are left in the world in a good running condition?? That is the big question!

Thanks
    Erik Eriksen
    Norway/Sweden.

3. FastFreddie

FastFreddie Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2010
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Fredric Gustafsson
    So HOW MANY Quattroporte I (serie one and two) are left in the world in a good running condition?? That is the big question!

If you look at the new www.tipo107.com excellent website, there are not that many that seems to be in a restored good condition. Considering that at the moment it covers roughly 50% of the total production, I would guess that there are less than 50 cars reamining in good conditon. I have gone through all the cars on the page and it seems to be 15-20 in good condition. Anyone else has a different opinion?

4. vignalespider

vignalespider Rookie

Aug 12, 2008
    CH
    Freddie, I think you are too pessimistic. The number of good running cars must be higher. A wild guess would be between 100 and 200. i know of at least a handful good cars in CH. I have 2, both of which will meet your standard. And I just stumbled over #10 yesterday, which is undergoing full restoration now. So things might not look as dire ...
    Greetings from Modena

5. alfieri107

alfieri107 Karting

Dec 4, 2011
    #130 alfieri107, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
    Nice to hear that #10 is alive. Your two cars are already listed (thanks again for the information), but this nbr 10 sounds interesting. Could you please provide me with some more info? Pictures???? Thank you ver much in advance. United we will find out how many 107 are left!

6. alfieri107

alfieri107 Karting

Dec 4, 2011
    Thank you for the compliment for my website www.tipo107.com. Of about 250 cars of which we know the chassis numbers, I counted about 30 cars which are not completely restored yet, but are in good order (i.e. street legal and registered). Of them, maybe a handful have been completely untouched (i.e. no weldings on body, no new interiors etc). About 25 to 30 cars have been more or less completely restored, mostly in recent times. This results in about 60 cars in good condition (only the cars we know about). About 100 are destroyed or in very bad condition (some of them still restorable, but financially unviable, of course). For the remaining cars, condition is unknown. We will only know for sure how many are left when all cars have been registered. Any information is therefore welcome: [email protected] Thank you, Gerhard Reinecke, editor www.tipo107.com

7. Serenissma

Serenissma Formula 3

Apr 12, 2008
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Magnus Andersson
    I will look for some photos of the Qps in Sweden and send you. And made a owners list of the cars.

Best regards!

Magnus Andersson

8. Serenissma

Serenissma Formula 3

Apr 12, 2008
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Magnus Andersson
    #133 Serenissma, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
    I saw photos of one in Venezuela with newspaper in it. Do you now that car?

M

9. FastFreddie

Aug 10, 2010
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Fredric Gustafsson
    #134 FastFreddie, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. FastFreddie

Aug 10, 2010
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Fredric Gustafsson
    #135 FastFreddie, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. FastFreddie

Aug 10, 2010
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Fredric Gustafsson
    Let’s wake this old thread up, the 107 QP needs some attention!
    One of the founders of the swedish Maseraticlub, Staffan Enhörning left a lot of material collected during + 50 years. Here is an original b/w photo as well as an original press release from Earls court motorshow 1967. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Hello Fredric...

Excellent idea in reviving this thread! The QP 1 is a very underappreciated automobile!

Mike

alfieri107 likes this.
  13. FastFreddie

Aug 10, 2010
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Fredric Gustafsson
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Here is a picture of 048 when it was almost new on the streets of Stockholm. For sale in a sorry state since years at Gallery Aaldering, only for the brave...

wbaeumer likes this.
  14. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Your post gave me a headache trying to figure out which Khamsin it was but then I noticed the post is ten years old:)!!!

Ok so it is AM120-036 ex Venezuela. I won't attach photos here since it is off topic.
    Light blue now, resto not completed by Åke at AMK near Stockholm yet.

15. FastFreddie

Aug 10, 2010
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Fredric Gustafsson
    That is correct, it was painted at the same time as mine 10 years ago. Then nothing happened, it has been parken since.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  16. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    The owner has too many toys and not enough time..

17. alfieri107

alfieri107 Karting

Dec 4, 2011
    #142 alfieri107, Apr 13, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
    underappreciated, but not underdocumented ;-): tipo107.com has now information on 668 cars.

Mexico074 and Nembo1777 like this.
  18. alfieri107

alfieri107 Karting

Dec 4, 2011
    ..and soon one more: Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Waiting to be sold at Gallery Aaldering's "Barnfind auction". Among other Maserati in similar condition (Bora, Merak US, Sebring Series1, 3500 GTI, and maybe even more)

wbaeumer likes this.
  19. alfieri107

alfieri107 Karting

Dec 4, 2011
    wbaeumer likes this.
  20. TBigs

TBigs Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2010
    NW Ohio
    Full Name:
    Terry
  21. alfieri107

alfieri107 Karting

Dec 4, 2011
    This was once Mandarano's car who restored it. It was for sale at auction in February 2023 in Palm Springs. Did not sell (highest bid was around $12 000). Reserve $26 000. A nice markup for BHCC (it does not appear as if they had done any work on the car.) https://tipo107.com/Maserati107/107.1202-1500/Seiten/1448.html

3500 GT likes this.
  22. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    If you look through all the photos in Alfieri107's excellent registry for this car you'll notice that Gene O'Gorman once owned this car. He's on this forum and if anyone is truly interested in this car I'd suggest that you contact him. He's a very capable mechanic/engineer. I've always found him to be quite friendly and helpful.