Quattrporte needs a 6-Speed option - TELL MASERATI NA !!! | FerrariChat

Quattrporte needs a 6-Speed option - TELL MASERATI NA !!!

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Doody, May 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    a lot of people think it's crazy that the Maserati Quattroporte doesn't have a 6-speed option. fyi - a traditional automatic is apparently coming next year.

i for one think there are a lot of bmw m5 owners (et. al.) who might give the QP a serious look if not for the bashing the sequential-manual is taking in the press.

here's the contact info for the person to bug at MaseratiNA. sorry, i don't have an email address. i'm going to fax him a lengthy letter urging them to add it as an option. people like to have choices. it's not like they don't already have the necessary parts to do this - they've just made a maketing decision for whatever reasons. they should give people all three options and let the cusotmer decide. there's no downside here - only upside for them.

but apparently they need to hear it loudly from the customer base. so please shoot a fax or letter to these folks and let them know that options are good!

Maserati North America
    250 Sylvan Ave.
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    Attn: Andrew Shaffer
    Product Development

fax: 201/816-2626

doody.

2. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Even with their Coup and Spyder it seems they don't want to make them in Six Speed. From looking at many dealer sites, all inventories they show is Cambio. I traded an M3 SMG for a Spyder GT and if I could not have gotten the Six speed I would have passed on Maserati, so I think your right in your assumption

3. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    I am working on a letter to fax Andrew Shaffer right now as we really do need to let them know that a large customer base still wants a 3rd Pedal. I have nothing against the F1/Sequential Gear boxes, Its not like I just took a test drive in one and made a quick judgment. I drove the M3 SMG for two years and did find many great features with it, but in the end realized I still wanted to use my left foot. When trying to decide what to trade my M3 in for I made a list of cars I might want and quickly crossed out cars like Mercedes that had no 3rd pedal option. Have only had my Maserati for 6 weeks and even though loving it, my mind is already thinking what's next up as most I keep cars is two seasons. I would consider the QP as I really have been pleased with Maserati, but with F1 only can cross that one off. Am a little intrigued by the new M5 V10 but that might be SMG only also. Will have to wait and see what the next generation Coup/Spyder bring us.

4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Doody, you should set up a simple website that is a web petition and will automatically email on someone's behalf, if they enter in their personal information for the letter. A place for their Ferrari/Maserati car and the VIN would be more convincing, too, IMO.

I was wondering if Rob included that in his plans for F-chat - it's ability to be a sound-off directly to FNA on owners' wants and complaints. I wonder if any FNA people read F-chat??? Maybe Rob should print up little invitations and invite all of the FNA employees to join here (possibly as consultants... aka tap for info!)