Question about concours events and cleaning | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Question about concours events and cleaning

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tomkranz, Aug 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. harmitc

harmitc Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Bernard R
    Thanks for posting the pic's Ray. I appreciate the time & effort involved! I'm rebuilding a Fiat Abarth, only 4 cylinders & very very simple compared to an F car, but even that is taking plenty of time & effort!

Considering the next project now, perhaps I should try a Ferrari!!

Once again, FANTASTIC effort.

Bernard

2. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Ray i may know of the company in brum you use for plating,bourn's are the powder coaters and i belive the platers are just down the road,there work is spot on the best ive seen have a couple of freinds who use them and myself will be paying a visit in the next few months,

Dale.

3. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Answeres to posts

Tony h To be honest its mostly time I guess we have spent hundreds of hours in the garage mostly in the winter when you cant take the cars out anyway I remember it took me three weeks of evenings under the car to clean off all the underseal on the engine suspension As for cost i really dont know but having done it over five years it just seems to me like maintanance.

Polartech The car has done just under 30,000mls I raced it twice when my race car was ill did a full hillclimb season with it and its been to nearly all the UK tracks Spa and the old Nurburgring Then i decided to have another go at Concours .
    Andrew
    Once the alloy castings are spotlessly clean we have a solution that has a bit of colour mixed with it that we brush on then wipe off quickly (secret solution)
    Bernard Good luck with you Fiat Arbarth cracking car in their day nice that you are restoring one If you can do a lot of the work yourself have a go ,see you at the Concours
    Dale This plating buisness is very cheap to have done We send off a box of nuts bolts suspension bits ect about the size that a pair of trainers would come in full and it comes back that brassy colour .There might be a hundred items and it costs about £60. 00 great value

Thanks for the interest in the car RAY360M

4. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    Dave Thanks for pm but i dont do second I cant really remember who comes second although i dont win everything as you suggest I have had my share of not winning now i try to cover all the angles

RAY360M

5. BERTONE

BERTONE Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2004
    THE NORTH
    Full Name:
    ENZO
    RAY,
    DO CONCOURSE WINNERS EVER SELL THEIR CARS?
    IM LOOKING FOR A PRISTINE,IMMACULATE, CONCOURSE 308 GT4 IN RED BUT CANY SEEM TO FIND ONE.
    IVE CURRENTLY GOT AN MG MIDGET AS GOOD AS YOUR FERRARI BUT IM SCARED TO USE IT, IVE ALSO GOT A NEAR CONCOURSE FIAT X1/9 BUT ONCE YOU TAKE IT OUT EVEN FOR A SHORT SPIN IT TAKES HOURS TO GET IT ALL CLEAN AGAIN.
    IVE FOUND A 308 WITH SOME CONCOURS TROPHYS BUT ITS 24K AND THE INTERIOR IS A YUKKY TAN VELOUR.
    JULIAN.
    P.S. THATS SOME CAR YOUVE GOT.....IM SO JEALOUS.