Question about new Portofino | FerrariChat

Question about new Portofino

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by drgek, Apr 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drgek

drgek Formula 3

Jun 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Was happy to take delivery of my new Portofino this past Saturday. One thing I have noticed is that the Owners' Manual is pretty useless; I have never seen one so devoid of information and atrociously indexed. My question revolves around the trip computer. Trip A resets by just pushing in the reset button under the left TFT, but I can't seem to figure out how to reset Trip B. Either it's faulty or there is some inscrutable Italian logic I can't figure out. Needless to say, the useless Owners' Manual was of no help. Anybody here know the answer to this?

The car is sensational. At the age of 60 I can no longer see myself in the mid-engine V8s and the V12s have blown through my comfort zone pricewise. It's the most solid feeling Ferrari I've ever owned; it doesn't feel like the suspension is going to shatter every time I hit a bump. And of course the car is beautiful.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

2. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Beautiful car!

Normally you just use the OK button to cycle thru the displays of mileage, gas mileage left, trip a miles and trip b miles. As you press once when you get to the display you want to see then press and hold for about 3 seconds and the trip meter will begin to flash. Press again and it resets to zero.

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. SamRo

SamRo Rookie

Dec 17, 2018
    Damn that’s nice! Good to see those seats in the flesh as I’ve ordered them on mine. Sorry I can’t help with the manual as I haven’t got mine yet - but congrats on yours!

drgek likes this.
  4. drgek

drgek Formula 3

Jun 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Thank you for the compliment and the correct answer to my question. I think I mistakenly thought the RES button meant reset instead of resume for the cruise control. Wonder why it resets Trip A though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. JJ97

JJ97 Karting

Apr 1, 2012
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Joe Nocera
    Great spec! Love that color and your description of how solid the car feels over bumps is one of the biggest differences I notice from my 430.

Are you Chicago based (I see the Continental logo on the license frame)?