Question for you folks, CGT vs ENZO | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Question for you folks, CGT vs ENZO

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FFerrari, Nov 15, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    oh.....which would you take? 904 or T70?

2. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill

Actually, without great pain, I probably couldn't squeeze into either anymore :(

3. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    The T70 seems like it would be a dark and hot place.....

4. Italteen3

Italteen3 Formula 3

Oct 14, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Lets unhijack this thread.

A few of you have stated the CGT's manual gearbox, but can anyone shift in under 100 milliseconds like the Enzo?

Like someone mentioned earlier about Topgear and the Enzo beating the CGT, this was with the SAME driver on the SAME track. Thats enough proof to which is faster around a track atleast. http://www.topgear.com/content/tgonbbc2/laptimes/thestig/

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not necessarily. Depends on how familiar the driver was with either vehicle.

But it seems a bit academic, both are supercars and their measurable numbers are so close that it really boils down to personal preference.

6. 15hn

15hn Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2005
    Full Name:
    HN
    When you have a detailed look at a CGT you will see that it is a technological/engineering masterpiece. Clarkson described it as art meeting engineering. Having seen one in detail I can understand why.

The time difference between the Enzo and CGT on the top gear track is relatively marginal. Interestingly enough no publication has really pitched the two against each other. Perhaps the manufacturers prohibited this. Either way its going to be close. Throw price into the comparison and the CGT wins (its less than half the price in todays market). Is the 0.8 second worth the extra $600k?

7. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    F40 > CGT > Enzo

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    ???

You mean you put a F40 ahead of an Enzo? C'mon! Only a silly British Men's Mag would do such a thing...

9. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Personal preference... and that's not to say that I don't like the Enzo.

10. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Just out of curiosity, what is your findings based on? Just a personal looks perspective?

Evo did an article featuring the four top supercars and placed either the F40 or 288 GTO last. But that's just a magazine article and as Andreas said there is a bit of bias in all magazines, ( ie: promotion of a Jag sedan design that is almost as old as the 911's shape as in the case of 'CAR'. ) More noteworthy, a mechanic at LFSC said that neither the GTO or F40 can compare to the Enzo, looks or performance in his opinion. A friend who owned an F40 said it was one of the worst feeling and money burning cars he had ever owned.

RocketBoy

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I was referring to that same EVO article in which the Enzo didn't win. In my mind (and many FChatters at the time) they only did that for sensational reasons as an Enzo could drive the doors off its "competitors" (F40, F50, 288).

12. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Well, if someone gave me a CGT, I'd sell it (hoping to get a lot of money from somebody) and get something that I'd ENJOY looking at in the garage or driveway.

Assuming that I might get 400+ for the (ever so slightly) used CGT, I could possibly get both a T70 Chevy a Mk6BGT and still have the cash to fill them up with 110 a few times. :D

Not to mention the possibilites within the Ferrari camp.

13. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    I would trade the CGT for an EB110.....:D
    Im crazy like that! haha

14. Italteen3

Italteen3 Formula 3

Oct 14, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    I would have to agree and disagree. Unless Topgear has a Ferrari bias then they would allow the "Stig" greater time with the Ferrari. I highly doubt that the "Stig" owns both of those cars, but you never know.

And yes their numbers are very close, and personal preference could be tolerated as the performance differences are small. One owner I spoke who had both cars, when I asked which he liked more he said I cant answer that as they are two completely different cars. Said he liked the way the CGT handled better even though the Enzo was slightly faster.

15. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Reasons for choosing the F40 and CGT over the Enzo:

1.) Both are "obtainable" when compared to the Enzo.

2.) Both have incredible performance potential (in the hands of the right driver, which unfortunately isn't the typical owner of either).

3.) I personally like the looks of the F40 better than the looks of the Enzo.

4.) I like to avoid "image" cars, which the Enzo has unfortunately become.

5.) If I wanted to meet up with other people who owned the same car, I'd rather not have those people be miserable 65+ year olds who only take their cars out of storage to compete with others to see who did a better job of keeping every microscopic bit of dust off their original paint job.

There are other reasons, but I think the above pretty much sums up my stance.

16. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    I have to agree with Mike here the F40 is alot more meaner looking then both the CGT and ENZO.

P.S. Hows that little Lotus of yours been treating you :)

17. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Believe it or not, I haven't had it out of the garage in over 2 months :(

Been too busy with other things and I need to get it in to FVMC for a few repairs...