Question: History or origin of these dealership signs | FerrariChat

Question: History or origin of these dealership signs

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by JKuan, Jan 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JKuan

JKuan Rookie

Jan 1, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hi all car experts,

I have recently bought these dealership signs from someone Dad's collections. I believe they are genuine as the seller is a really nice guy but not much else he can tell me. However, I don't know the history or exact origins of these signs. I would be deeply appreciate if someone can fill me with the knowledge. All I know is that they are from between 80s to 90s.

Thanks
    Joe

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I would say the Ferrari and lamborghinis originate from Italy
    and the Porsche originated from Germany? LOL ;)

3. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Seriously though, not sure how you could ever find out what dealership they came from. Ebay is full of this type of stuff

4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I do not believe the Ferrari sign is original. I worked in dealers many years so was around many. Never seen one with square corners and the lighted shields I believe all had 2 internal fluorescent tubes and raised letters. I could be wrong but don't recall ever seeing one like it.

5. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I agree. To me these are modern reproductions.

Marcel Massini

6. JKuan

JKuan Rookie

Jan 1, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Oh damn. Well, I keep for a few years and then sell on.