Question on car registration for AMP members | FerrariChat

Question on car registration for AMP members

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by tomconte, Nov 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomconte

tomconte Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 15, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Conte
    I'm a founding member of Atlanta Motorsports Park, although I rarely get up there.

My Ferrari 360 spider with modified headers and it won't pass the stringent smog requirements in Dekalb County. Do any AMP members register their cars in Dawsonville County even though they live elsewhere (say, well, Dekalb)?

Thanks
    Tom

2. atlshaver

atlshaver Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Tom, not an answer to your question, but I am DeKalb also with a variety of vehicles. Does your 360 throw a fault code that prevents it from passing or is it a visual of the exhaust that fails it?

3. tomconte

tomconte Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 15, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Conte
    Fault code. Cat efficiency.

4. Merlin Auto Group

Merlin Auto Group Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 18, 2016
    Atlanta
    The car has to be registered in the county of residence in Georgia. They like to go by driver's license, unless you had a 2nd home in GA and could prove residency.

Had the cat efficiency issues investigated? Current check engine light? @MerlinTech

5. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    I have solutions for the cat efficiency light. Give me a call and I can discuss your options to take care of the issue.