Questions about Mondial quattrovalvole and Mondial cabriolet catalogs | FerrariChat

Questions about Mondial quattrovalvole and Mondial cabriolet catalogs

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Enzo 1, Mar 1, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Enzo 1

Enzo 1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2005
    #1 Enzo 1, Mar 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello to all,

I'd like to ask some questions to the owners of one of the two catalogs mentionned above.
    I already create the same thread in the 'collectables' forum but I hope I could receive more answers by placing here too.

I own these catalogs as well. I received them from a guy who worked for Ferrari in Italy in the eighties.
    Today I have remarked something different about them and my other Ferrari catalogs from the same era. I even wonder if a miracle should be possible.
    Many of these catalogs have a first transparent sheet. For example, on the 512BB catalog, this transparent sheet wears the 512BB logo printed on it. On most of them, this transparent sheets has nothing special.
    But on my two Mondial catalogs, there is a signature of Enzo Ferrari in his famous purple ink.

I'd like to ask to other owners of these catalogs to tell me if they have this signature too. In this case it is probably printed and not original signed. If it isn't printed, I have strong reasons to be sure these signatures are not fake.

My other questions are :
    - if these signatures are original, what is the value of such a catalog ?
    - do you know a place in Europe, not too fare from Belgium, where I can ask an authentification ?

In attachment, I put two pictures of one of these signatures.

Thank you in advance for your answers.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. enzo360

enzo360 F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Aug 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jurgen Durand
    Hello,
    I have had several of these brochures and they all had the Ferrari signature on the transparent page.
    Best wishes
    Jurgen