Questions about Touchup paint and clear bra installation | FerrariChat

Questions about Touchup paint and clear bra installation

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by F355 Fan 82, Dec 28, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    1.I called my local dealer, the collection, in miami looking for a bottle of rossa corsa touchup paint for some small nicks on my mirrors and was told that ferrari doesnt make touchup paint, is this really true? How do you fix small nicks then?

2. I had a clear bra installed on my 575 recently, the job came out great but the sideview mirrors, twice now they've bubbled up and had to be peeled off, what can be done bc the installer said the mirrors on that car are just a tough one to do. but the mirrors have tons of nicks and need it.

2. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    If you have a lot of nicks on your mirrors would suggest that you have the mirrors repainted, then protect them by a mechanical barrier (eg old fashion bra for 6 weeks so the paint can cure properly, then have them clear bra by a proper shop not the dealer. Find a shop in your area that has a reputation for doing high end cars to owners satisfaction, eg( Porsches, Ferrari, Lambo). Other option is do nothing with your mirrors- repaint etc. when you've had enough chips.
    Dealers can make you up the proper Color and charge at the parts counter. Denver Ferrari did this for me a while back when lived in Co. They were nice enough to not even charge. Another option is buy touch up paint from Dr Color Chip. Good quality,easy to do, looks satisfactory.

syata likes this.
  3. JoshVette

JoshVette Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2007
    Grand Prairie/Dallas
    Full Name:
    Josh
    #3 JoshVette, Dec 30, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    Round bulbous mirrors can be difficult to install protective film on as they must be stretched quite a bit and the film has it's limitations. That said the bumbling is the installers fault, he should be able to properly install mirrors with no bubbles.

Josh

4. timjen88

timjen88 Karting

Aug 20, 2015
    Colorado/Palm Springs
    I was very suspect about Dr. Colorchip but after watching so many videos on youtube of people touching up their F-cars I took the plunge. I have a 2014 Nero FF and was shocked at how good it turned out. I figured I have nothing to lose, I have to get the chips fixed so if it didn't work, I'm out $50 and take it to the dealer to paint.