Questions I can’t find answers to | FerrariChat

Questions I can’t find answers to

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Summerlin2020, Sep 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Summerlin2020

Summerlin2020 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 14, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jon Ira
    Hey everyone,
    I was wondering if anyone could help me with some information.
    I’ve been fortunate to own a few Porsche’s and I’ve got 4 left in my collection. I’d say the highlight being the 1969 Tangerine Targa that won Monterey in 1973. Still has the original paint and I love it
    Lately I’ve been really into the 996 Turbo with a Manual trans as an interesting option as it fits in between my 1989 G50 Targa and some of my more modern cars.
    What would I expect to pay for a lowish mileage car in all original condition. I prefer black on black or grey on black. I’d imagine these are common combos on that particular car.
    Anyway, any info would be great as I’ve never driven one and I’d guess that there are people on this forum who own them and could speak to their drive-ability etc
    Thanks for the read!
    Jonathan

2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    How low mileage? I would guess a low mileage 996 turbo will start at $50k.

Check to see if the coolant fittings were pinned or welded. I had an 02 996 turbo that I bought with 18k on it. I had a leaky turbo, and the oil tank started to leak. Not sure why the oil tank leaked, but that necessitated dropping the motor. So, I had the coolant fittings welded, turbos upgraded, and got a tune. That car was pretty damned quick! Very easy to drive fast, actually, too easy. Handling was great as it really stuck to the road, but it felt heavy.

zygomatic likes this.
  3. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    996TT with a 6spd will be a good bit over $50K these days. Looks like $50K will only get you a C4s these days. Prices of everything have gone up, but it seems like there are a bunch listed on Autotrader.

4. Summerlin2020

Summerlin2020 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 14, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jon Ira
    I have a black/black being offered to me for 65k
    Waiting for pics. 30k miles.

5. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
  6. Summerlin2020

Summerlin2020 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 14, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jon Ira
    That’s actually way better than the one I was talking about at Auto Kennel. I’m going to reach out and see if there is a deal to make. Thanks!

7. zygomatic

zygomatic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Good luck!