Quick Detail Spray Products - Pinnacle or Mequiars? | FerrariChat

Quick Detail Spray Products - Pinnacle or Mequiars?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Kevin R. Kreutzfeld, Nov 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kevin R. Kreutzfeld

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    Kevin R. Kreutzfeld
    I recently purchased a 2016 Maserati Granturismo and looking for recommendations on detailing products that you all have used. Not talking about waxes or polishes, just a quick shine before hitting the road to get the dust and dirt off. I was told to use Pinnacle Crystal Mist Detail Spray or Meguiars Quick Detailer ..

Any thoughts or recommendations?

2. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    I've used both. Pinnacle is easier to use, doesn't streak as much & I'm using it on a Black 64 for one of my cars

3. Kevin R. Kreutzfeld

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    Kevin R. Kreutzfeld
    Thank you! I'll give it a try..

4. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    #4 moysiuan, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    I have been very impressed with the Pinnacle product, and their Souveran paste wax. I have used many detailing sprays, Pinnacle is best for general detailing, Mothers is very good for more minor detailing as the more readily available product. Some of the sprays have an offputting chemical odour, they work ok but not pleasant to apply.

Some other products, the 303 Aerospace is great for weatherstrip and interior plastics. Chemical Guys VRP Dressing for tires.

There are lots of leather products with their fans, Leatherique has a following, but there are some experiences that suggest might be best on older types of leathers. I have found the Zaino leather in a bottle to be safe and easy to work with on newer leathers.

Kevin R. Kreutzfeld likes this.
  5. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

Some other Q-D's that are very good, Gyeon Cure, Adam's Quick detailer and Kenotek with it's anti static formula. These are my favorites for their ease of use, non smearing/streaking capabilities.

Kevin R. Kreutzfeld likes this.
  6. Gofast430

Gofast430 Karting

Jun 2, 2013
    Overland Park, KS
    Full Name:
    Don Dearmore
    Adam’s Polishes “Ceramic Boost”. All of their products are FANTASTIC!

7. JoshVette

JoshVette Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2007
    Grand Prairie/Dallas
    Full Name:
    Josh
    If you don't mind spending a little more money, Gloss It QD is one of the best I've ever used. It doesn't streak and I even use it on the glass and all. It's got an incredible slickness and you can cut it with water to make go a little further.

Also be careful wiping down or dusting off your car, even with a QD you can install swirls. Not hard to do.

Josh

8. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Yes, good point, I use the California Duster to get dust off the surface of the car before using the detailing sprays.

9. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    i use meguires. i have heard the california duster can actually scratch the clear coat (although it states it won't) so i stopped using all togther

10. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I Love Meguire's QD product. Heck, if Pinnacle is better, I'll Give it a shot!

11. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Just bought it on Amazon. Thank you for the tip.

12. Kevin R. Kreutzfeld

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    Kevin R. Kreutzfeld
    Used the pinnacle crystal mist QD product and love it , by far best I’ve used!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

13. Flyingbrick242

Flyingbrick242 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    Hey Guys,

I used to be a Mequires guy but I now use Griot's products exclusively.....good stuff.!

14. ebobh15

ebobh15 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    I've used Pinnacle Crystal Mist for several years with great results. A couple years ago, I bought a spray bottle of Car Guys wheel cleaner after getting tired of working on brake dust so much, and it worked exceptionally well. I then tried their Premium Hybrid Wax; if the Pinnacle is a 8.5, the Hybrid Wax spray is a 9.5. The shine is almost to the original sealant gloss, easy to use, lasts a little longer than Pinnacle. Either one works well (tried several others before getting to these two), but the Car Guys stuff is great. They also follow-up with care notes & usage tips, and seem to care about your satisfaction in ways the larger companies don't.

15. F430abdo

F430abdo Karting

Mar 8, 2017
    SE Florida
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    I use Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 Optical Select High Gloss Spray Sealant and Quick Detailer, it’s aweosme!

16. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior