QV GTBs | Page 2 | FerrariChat

QV GTBs

Discussion in '308/328' started by Lew L, Nov 27, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    true dat

2. spang308

spang308 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2004
    York, PA
    Yes she is. I'll tell her she has fans. She wheels a 308 pretty well also.

Spang

3. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    it's awesome when you see a ferr being fanged ......esp when it's a sweet chik behind the wheel man that's heven!!!!!!!!!! ur a lucky man..... forza gtb's and cute babe's

4. Lew L

Lew L Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2006
    Spang:

I really like your car's stance and the bigger brakes look great. As far as modifications go, would adding Webers to a QV make sense (in an emissions exempt state) for performance and aural improvement ? Can the Euro bumpers/grill be added easily?

Other than bumpers, what mods would bring it into Eurospec? (I am particular about color - no red, yellow or white - so I realize that I am already looking for a needle in a haystack, so it might be a better idea not to limit my search to real Euro cars if I can achieve/exceed Eurospecs and performance (w/o super/turbocharging).

Lew

5. spang308

spang308 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2004
    York, PA
    Lew,
    If you like the euro bumper look, you can get repro fiberglass euro bumpers and source a euro grill. You could add Webers and someone on this board has, but I would go with EFI with a Motec or other controller if I was to change induction and change to distributorless ignition at the same time. The euro cars used essentially the same Bosch CIS fi as the US cars with maybe a few tweeks to the ancillaries so in theory a US car with the cat removed should be as powerful and, with the heavy US bumper replaced, nearly as light.

You're already modding a car you don't even own yet. HA HA, I love it. Reach for your checkbook dude, you've got the bug and they don't make pills to fix it!

Spang

6. Lew L

Lew L Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2006
    That is why we go to the office everyday!

7. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

lew,

when buying ...try to find the gtb w/ the euro front spoiler as it looks sexy as hell!!!!

on the subject of efi, i had coffee with my friend JOETEC (f-chat name) and the president of motec 60 days ago. before you spend a penny on an efi set up, let's get you in touch w/ the motec leader to see how he will be able to help in price consideration.

i am still on hold w/ kirkham build as i have a deal that has gone from q-4 2007 to q-2 2008! i am still going to go in that direction as soon as my deal funds!!!

best,

pcb

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    If you want carbs buy carbs...to turn the clock back on an FI car is just too many parts, IMO....

It's been done but only as a labor of love......$4K worth of cams are also required to get back to 1975 -77 specifications......

Then at the end you have a 'story car' that will tank the value on resale..........

Keep it more or less stock, unless you want to throw your equity out the window......

9. Lew L

Lew L Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2006
    Big Tex:

I hear ya, but I have trouble selling stuff. I love projects that bring a machine up to peak performance using mostly period correct design concepts and careful execution. Once they are where I want them, they are my kids and I can't bring myself to part with them. For example, I have a 1967 Triumph Bonneville that puts out 65-70 hp and handles like a straight razor, but cost way more to build than it is worth. In the end, I wouldn't be able to sell it for the price of a bone stock (assembled with repro "NOS", nudge nudge wink wink, parts). Same with an '88 911 with great suspension tweeks, modern Twin Turbo brakes and a 993 Euro motor, and a few other vintage vehicles that look 98% stock, but perform like like they were put together by a Swiss watchmaker who was a big fan of Tim "Tool Time" Taylor ("all this baby needs is a little more power..."). It is kind of a fuzzy yet fine line, if that makes sense.

So if I lose $15,000 of equity and put another $20,000 in it in performance mods and $15,000 in it in maintenance that I never see in return and I keep the car for 7-10 years, I have spent $5,000-7,000 per year and had fun.

There are probably more expensive midlife "distractions" out there.