QV: Rear Shock Absorber parts availability 114335 | FerrariChat

QV: Rear Shock Absorber parts availability 114335

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Nounoon, Sep 28, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nounoon

Nounoon Rookie

Sep 26, 2014
    Dubai UAE
    Full Name:
    Olivier Bachelier
    Hello!
    I am looking to get new rear shock absorbers for my 1983 QV Coupe, EOM or compatible, but this seems to be a hard find with all the parts shops I find having it on back-order. Anyone could suggest me where to find these? I also have a friend looking for front & back shock absorbers for his Mondial 3.2.
    Thanks in advance!

2. tecmotion

tecmotion Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    Florida/ Chicago
    Full Name:
    Tammy
    Hello,
    I was not able to find new shocks for my 1982 Mondial 8 coupe. After looking and waiting for too long I decided to send all 4, front (114727) and rear (114335) to Performance Shock Inc. They rebuilt them and they operated and looked like new when complete.
    https://performanceshock.com/

3. Nounoon

Nounoon Rookie

Sep 26, 2014
    Dubai UAE
    Full Name:
    Olivier Bachelier
    Interesting, was the lead time very long? My concern is that I'm shipping my car to Dubai where I live and it'll arrive in 2 months, so once the car is here if I have to send these to the US, wait for the rebuild, and get them back before I can register the car, this will be a huge hassle...

Some people on the FB Mondial group suggested these ones (non-original) https://hiro-performance.com/80-93-ferrari-mondial-f108/ I'm hoping to get a confirmation that they are indeed compatible.

4. tecmotion

tecmotion Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    Florida/ Chicago
    Full Name:
    Tammy
    When i did it the full time from leaving my house to returning was 4 weeks. I'm not sure what the current lead time is. The link you sent is an interesting alternative however I cant confirm compatibility. Note: they also have a service center in Ohio, they will be open sooner than the west coast office. You can give them a call in 3-4 hours. Ohio Service center +1.614.219.1211

5. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    There's shock rebuild centers elsewhere in the world eg Europe which might be quicker - try asking someone like Kent High Performance in UK

6. Nounoon

Nounoon Rookie

Sep 26, 2014
    Dubai UAE
    Full Name:
    Olivier Bachelier
    Thank you both for your answers, I believe that if the non-OEM part is not compatible, a rebuild is the best option

7. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Made by koni -
    [email protected] Try this outfit in uk

8. Nounoon

Nounoon Rookie

Sep 26, 2014
    Dubai UAE
    Full Name:
    Olivier Bachelier
    I've actually just requested a quote including shipping from Hiro performance, they confirmed it's fully compatible and they are made to order so it could be a sustainable solution for this parts availability problem.

9. gunn

gunn Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2021
    Full Name:
    Gunn S
    If you want to NOT be without shocks while they are being rebuilt, I have a set of 4 springs/shocks from my 83 Mondial QV coupe that I took off b/c I fabricated my own coilover setup (my F/R weight balance will change with this EV conversion so I wanted the option to easily pick from a bunch of springs.) The takeoffs are stock KONIs.

I'm open to sending the shocks to a rebuilder for you if you want as I don't need this set anymore (I'm based in San Francisco). If interested, I'm sure we can find a win-win price for both of us. Feel free to DM me and I can supply pics.

10. Nounoon

Nounoon Rookie

Sep 26, 2014
    Dubai UAE
    Full Name:
    Olivier Bachelier
    Thank you for the offer but I thing I’m going to go with the aftermarket ones, it’s the most cost effective option for me and will ensure me the most reliability. The car needs a lot of small works and I’m on a budget :) Can’t wait to see the outcome of your project!

11. gunn

gunn Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2021
    Full Name:
    Gunn S
    No worries. Just wanted to give you (or any other FCer the option to keep their mondials on the road and as 'original' as possible). Clearly, I've given up on this already.

12. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    The Konis are fully rebuildable. Please don't trash them as new ones aren't available anymore. They are also adjustable - you can reduce or increase the rebound dampening force compared to what Ferrari fitted in production.
    Mine were rebuilt and dyno tested by Ian Gardiner of I.G. Racing Ltd. in the UK (www.igracing.co.uk).
    They came back fully restored incl. painted/labelled as per original, with the test diagrams.

2cam likes this.
  13. tecmotion

tecmotion Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    Florida/ Chicago
    Full Name:
    Tammy
    let us know how they work out.