R.I.P. s/n 5409 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

R.I.P. s/n 5409

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by jsa330, Jul 15, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    #101 2NA, Oct 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Scott, I have a 550 and a half interest in a 330 GTC. As much as I love to drive the old banger, I always reach for the 550 keys if I really want to go for a drive.

Plus, the 550 has so much torque that it is almost an automatic. Serioursly, just let out the clutch in first without giving it gas will get you going. You can then go from 1st to 3rd without any problem. Once in 3rd, just drive she said!

Dale

3. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Dale,

In evaluating the complete next-Ferrari situation, I would say a 550 is in the serious running...probably have to wait a year or so for one but that's OK.

How are maintenance costs and reliability? I'd like to exchange some PM's with you and discuss your overall ownership experience...thanks, jsa

4. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    It also appears that you're lying about the area you come from (Chicago) and your name (Jay Beale) as available evidence indicates that you're in the Bay Area and you previously registered as Tom OConner.

So since little or nothing seems to be truthful, exactly what do you bring to the discussion?

5. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Sure feel free. However, I'm gonna post a thread here soon about my 4 and half years of ownership. Like the band sang, "Good times. Bad times. Lord, I've have my share."

Dale

6. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #106 DrStranglove, Oct 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Why bother when you just proved you know nothing about what you are even talking about?

I have been watching this thread in general and you in specific since you were first brought up in the Police thread. I guess what really surprises me is you would be shown to be such a liar as to put a politician to shame and still expect anyone here to listen to you let alone believe anything you say.

Have to play these on you now....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Thanks, Joe. I've found that with buying a Ferrari, the hunt is as much fun as the final capture.

Dale, since you're going to do a 550 thread for everyone's benefit, I won't take your time with PM's.

I'm looking forward to it.

J.R.: I'm laughing, hard. Particularly appropriate to the situation at hand, good for life in general.

Where do you get the full set?

8. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Reason for permaban shown to Jay_GTB:

"By popular demand - Liar, liar, pants on fire"

_____

Anyhooo... I shall respond to topic related discussions. ;)

9. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    You have to be really dumb... and post here!!!

10. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I'll see what I can come up with!

11. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Scott - Have you given any thought to a Maserati Cabriocorsa? The F1 transmission is easy to learn -- my wife was comfortable with it in 5 minutes. It has a F430-based motor (tuned for more torque) and is reliable and fast with a real back seat (if you care). Maintenance costs are low with timing chains. Some report that clutch needs to be replaced often (15k miles) -- others claim much longer life -- but the replacement cost is only $3k (which I understand is a fraction of what it costs for Ferrari F1). They depreciate quickly from new, but are priced remarkably low in the used car market, so it would be difficult to find a better value out there. Just trying to provide food for thought.

12. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Peter,

I think if I did go to something besides a vintage or late-model Ferrari, it would be a new Porsche Cayman or BMW coupe with auto. Actually, I'm just big on things with little horses on them...I'll find another Ferrari.

BTW, your 330 in red looks awesome. I've come around to reason on that issue, and have been talking to the seller of the red Interim 330 listed in ferrariads.

13. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Scott -- there are no horses on the Maser, but they're there in spirit. Good luck finding the right car -- it's always fun to be on the hunt and you'll know the right car when you find it.

14. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    From the photos, it's hard to believe this was "totalled."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D300161398138%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1&item=300161398138

Of course, the seller doesn't show any of the deformation in the door jambs.

15. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    Are you trying to change F-chat into a kindergarten?

16. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    Really. Talking about a single party rule.

17. T308

T308 Formula 3

May 12, 2004
    Southern Cal
    Indeed, in this case, I'd rather have the "thousand words" than the picture.

I wonder if Kerry knows that the register is now being used to sell cars on ebay. Hmm...

18. 330gt

330gt Formula 3

Nov 12, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kerry Chesbro
    Interesting, this auction is gone, like eBay pulled it. Further, the seller is no longer a registered user. So something funny has gone on.

But I didn't complain about the copyright information from my registry being in the auction. Since the previous auction had no bids, I don't see how any eBay rules would have been violated.

19. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    I noticed as well.

I don't know what the "no longer a registered user" thing is about.

I think the seller is just looking for more money than the traffic will bear.

20. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
  21. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ