Race of Two Worlds Redux | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Race of Two Worlds Redux

Discussion in 'F1' started by 375+, Mar 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    The innovation was inspired and exciting in itself, never mind the driving. I was fortunate to witness about half a dozen CanAm races, right up to and including the 917/10 era, but never saw the mighty 917/30.

william and 375+ like this.
  2. #27 lorenzobandini, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    .......but not always accepted. Like USAC with Clark and Chapman in '63, Granatelli and his turbines in '67 & '69; SCCA with Jim Hall and the Chaparral 2H in '69. :(
    (edit: 'Forgot about the potential Lear steam car at Indy in '69. Another cute li'l story...)

At least F1 allowed Tyrrell's P34 in '76, Chapmans ground effects in '77, and CART let JH go with the tunneled 2K in '80. :)

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  3. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    no better time to rehab the Monza oval! I really think it should be saved and put back into use. .... the walls would have to be extensively re built on the outside... but it could be possible. biggest issue would be to make it smooth enough and not as bumpy. when I was there last - the gaps between the slabs were in some spots about an inch apart higher or lower... but I will give them credit for cleaning the banking and trying to preserve it.

it would be spectacular and dangerous - to see an F-1 car flat out into the banking... wonder what the G's would be like?

I run the banking a lot in Asseto Corsa ... and with my fanatec wheel on 75% .... it feels like it will break your wrist on some of the bumps...

375+ likes this.