(Racing Point) Force India 2018 | Page 7 | FerrariChat

(Racing Point) Force India 2018

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Mar 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Seriously, if Stroll steals Ocon seat in the middle of the 2018 season I will pray for an internet fan uproar against it.

2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    It's precisely because people remember how Williams used to treat badly his drivers, and the heavy-handed way he ditched them at will that not many feel sorry for the poor state of his team now. The table has turned for Williams, now relagated near the bottom and relying on pay-drivers to survive.

But you are wrong to claim that Hill's testing ability didn't matter: Williams recruited him just for that! Hill became team leader as the result of tragic circumstances.
    How can you say that Williams didn't need him, when he won a championship for them !!!
    Perhaps you have an axe to gring agains Hill, I Wonder.

3. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Well, I don't like to see see one of the classic teams at the back of the grid. And if they had a good car like they had in 2014 drivers would be willing to work for them, no matter how bastard Frank Williams could be.

Everything matters. But if a good test driver pretends to get paid as a world champion you have reasons to look for a replacement.

William, it's impossible to argue with you. If someone doesn't agree with you is always because some "irrational grind".

Hill won a championship with Williams. So what? He lost three, and the one which won could have been won too by the rookie who came 2nd. Grind against Williams, uh?

Enough off-topic, this thread is about Force India.

4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    There will be an uproar. And it'll ensue in continuous laughter after watching Perez dominate Stroll by a magnitude he's never felt before.

5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/138288/haas-not-appeased-despite-f1force-india-talks

Gunther Steiner says his concerns about the unprecedented treatment Racing Point Force India has received as a new team have not been eased after meeting with Formula 1 chiefs.

Haas boss Steiner and his team's owner Gene Haas are seeking a better understanding of why the new Force India outfit has been allowed to earn Column 1 prize money immediately, while it had to wait two years before it could qualify.

F1's commercial rights deals normally require new outfits to finish in the top 10 of the constructors' championship for two seasons before they can qualify for such income.

But sources have indicated that Force India has agreed a deal with F1 chiefs that will allow it to earn payments straight away.

This agreement still requires approval from all of Force India's rivals and it is understood that this has not yet happened - despite a deal for the team to carry over its historic payments receiving support.

Despite talks at Spa with F1 chairman Chase Carey and managing director Ross Brawn, plus a follow-up meeting with Force India owner Lawrence Stroll, Steiner said he still had some unease about the situation.

6. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    I personally hate speculations but I myself some months ago speculated in this very same forum that Lawrence Strollovitch would buy Force India. I also hinted that Luca Baldisserri will become Force India sporting director or something like that.

Ok, I will speculate again: even if Perez has a contract and brings money, I believe Lawrence is already thinking on how to boot Perez out of the team. As you guys might know, Ocon helped Stroll as an advisor during the 2016 F3 championship and they somewhat became friends. Lawrence prefers Ocon than Perez.

Why I am saying that? Because Lawrence Stroll is a short temper guy and don't give a fook about anyone who is on his son's way. In this case it is Perez because he won't have any incentives to coach his son and it will look very bad to see Stroll being destroyed by Perez every race. Ocon would destroy Stroll too, of course, but it's better to get destroyed and helped than nothing. Ocon is set to move to Mercedes in the future anyway...

Lawrence could propose a team mate and coach contract to Ocon where he is free to race but would be obliged to share all the data and help Lance to improve. He (Lawrence) could even try get something from Mercedes out of the engine supplying contract.

7. DF1

Spoilt punk speaks. He should shut up!!! Seems Ocon is out based on Lance words!

https://www.planetf1.com/news/stroll-understands-ocon-exit-is-very-harsh/

Flavio_C likes this.
  8. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Imagine if Ocon were to take the Williams and beat Stroll in the FI.

9. DF1

That would be as good as Ferrari winning this year lol :)

10. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    We should set up a crowd funding page for Williams to make this happen! I would happily pay in.

After reading the above interview with Stroll; what a “whinny, the world owes me, spoilt jerk! Anybody with integrity and true talent would just get their head down and get on with the job instead of complaining that their “amazing” results had not been properly recognised...ffs!!!

jgonzalesm6 and DF1 like this.
  11. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Excellent suggestion!

12. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1

13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Do you need me to show you a Damon vs Alesi batle just to clarify the diference in talent between the both of them?

Bas likes this.
  14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

The stats tell me all I need to know about Alesi and Damon Hill.

Jean Alesi, 201 GPs raced, 2 poles, 32 podiums and only one win.

Damon Hill, 122 GPs raced, 20 poles, 42 podiums and 22 wins.

15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    How many years did Hill spend in a very capable or even the car vs Alesi?

375+ likes this.
  16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

As Hamilton pointed out recently, being a good F1 driver isn't only about speed, it's about condudtiong your career judiciously, finding the best opportinity to join the leading team, and the best car, like playing chess with the drivers market.

I understand that Alesi didn't always do that, and made wrong décisions at times. It's like for Alonso: you have to be at the right place at the right time, and some drivers completely stall their career by making wrong moves. I don't know all the détails, but I think that Alesi had some sort of contract with Williams, but was lured by Ferrari. Wrong move at the time; he paid for it later.

So, you won't see me crying for Alesi ...

17. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Is it too late to start a Damon Hill Sucks thread?

Bas likes this.
  18. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Doesn't make him any less of a driver though.

19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Well, if Stats are all you need, then i guess by you logic Damon is also a better driver than :
    Stirling Moss, Gilles Villeneuve, Alberto Ascari, Mario andretti, Alan Jones, Ronnie Peterson, etc, etc...and of course, Elton is a far better driver than Fangio, Clark, Senna, Prost...heck, everyone bar Shumacher!

20. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I can fill you in on the details, alesi sign a contract with Williams that was due to be anounced at the french g.p (since it was Renault home g.p and he was french).....Ferrari aproched him but Alesi refused, saying he would love to drive for them but already had a contract with another team.....but the French g.p passed and no anouncement was made...Alesi pressured frank to do it, but he kept stalling.....Alesi talked to Piquet who tried to help but still williams would not make the anouncement....Ferrari kept trying but Alesi wouldn't sign for them, until he found out Frank was dealing with mansell and senna in his back, trying to secure one of them while preventing him from signing for Ferrari! That's when alesi started to negotiate with ferari, Ferrari payed for alesi's release (don't no how much but it included an f.1 641/2) and that was it.

375+ likes this.
  21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Don't try being funny.

These drivers din't race in the same era, most of them, so comparison is futile.

But Damon Hill and Alesi did, so my observation is valid.. In fact, Hill raced at Williams because Alesi turned them down, so there is no excuse to say he had an "inferior" car. Just like Alonso kept doing, Alesi made bad career décisions and paid the price. That's all there is to it.

22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Wrong move as it happened ...

23. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Are trying to deliberatly ignore my post?
    Alesi didn't turn Willimas down, quite the oposite, it was Williams that didn't hold their part of the bargain. Mansell had anounced the previous year aster Silverstone he was retiring but Williams persuaded him to sign for them....They signed Jean to secure him, and promised him to be the first driver, but behind they tried to hire Senna or mansell...they got Mansell so obviously he was given teh assurence he would be number one, they wanted Alesi only if they didn't get mansell or Senna, and still after having Mansell tried to play with him in order to prevent him from signing for Ferrari.....lousy behaviour by Williams....

24. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Futile is to use statistics of drivers using completly diferent cars in terms of competitiveness to compare their talensts.

25. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Read my previous posts.
    You give more ammunition to my initial argument that Williams has treated his drivers shockingly in the past, and that now the table has turned and now they are only able to get pay-drivers.
    As for Alesi, it was wrong team at the wrong time. Sh1te happens sometimes.